3.78, 26R, any chances for allo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piston95

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am a TX resident. Took the july 8 MCAT and got my score back today...26R, pretty subpar...I had been scoring around 28-32 on aamc practice tests and slightly lower on princeton review ones....

My overall GPA is decent: 3.78
My science is a little on the low side: 3.6

I double majored in bio and philosophy...shadowed, volunteered a lot, involved in sports, worked over the summers etc.

I signed up for a Sep mcat just in case this one turned out poorly, which it did. My question is, since the sep mcat is so late, even if i do make a solid improvement, is there any chance for me to get in this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone?

little more info:
MCAT breakdown: PS:8 VR:9 BS:9 WS:R
Summer jobs were as a server at a restaurant for 2 summers and also an office job for another summer
Research was for a Dr who teaches at UT-SW.
Got LOR's from 2 Docs (the one i researched for, and another one that i shadowed).
Member of pre-med honor society, which gave a lot of volunteer opps
Dbl major
played a lot of sports, helped give free tennis lessons to inner city kids during freshman summer
some other odds and ends here and there..

any words of encouragement or discouragement? please? with sugar?

I have a friend who got into an allopathic school this year with an MCAT of 25 and a gpa of 3.9+. She had fantastic research and clinical experience. I never would have thought she would be accepted, but she was (directly, not off a waitlist), so I wanted to offer that story as potential encouragement for you. Good luck.