DO 3.78s 3.82c 25 MCAT help!! DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bug123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am only applying to DO schools and am very passionate about the DO philosophy which I believe showed through in my personal statement (everyone who read it thought it was awesome).

I'm willing to apply to 20 schools. I'm willing to re-take my MCAT as soon as Aug. 15th. My score was just released today and PS killed me 25: 7PS 8V 10B
AAMC avg: 26 usually 9,8,9
I don't know what to do! I feel my app was strong until that. I'm worried if I retake it I will do worse.
Any advice, please!!?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Should I retake the MCAT, risk doing worse, or try to get in with a 25? Would getting a 26 or 27 significantly improve my chances?
Here is my final school list:
1. COMP-NW: already sent in secondary and letters
2. PNWU
3. DMU
4. Nova
5. KCUMB
6. ATSU-SOMA
7. ATSU-KCOM
8. AZCOM
9. CCOM
10. TUNCOM
11. PCOM
12. GA-PCOM
13. LECOM-E
14. LECOM-B
15. CUSOM
16. Touro-CA
17. LMU-DCOM
18. COMP- Pomona

there is so much variability on the mcat that retaking to get a point higher is silly. now if you are actually willing to make a solid effort and are getting 30+ on practice tests i'd encourage you to retake it but 25-27 is essentially the same. apply to all those DO schools you listed and maybe one will bite

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! You guys are right I won't be able to put in a solid effort before August 15th. If I'm not hearing much by Oct. I'll start studying for a Jan. MCAT before it changes to the new test.