DO 3.7c 3.6s 28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golfman7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recent grad, OR resident and I received a 28(11/7/10) on the MCAT this past June. Am planning on applying to DO programs and my instate MD OHSU in 2015. As an undergrad I volunteered at a free health clinic for three years and I now currently volunteer at a HIV needle exchange counseling patients on methods to reduce risk of HIV and AIDS and by I should have 20-30 DO shadowing hours and 50 MD hours as well. Are my chances for DO good?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They are, yes. Do you have any other ECs besides the volunteering? Any leadership? As a DO or MD, you will be in charge of a number of people. Hour-wise, the volunteering is impressive, but your resume is kind of terse.

You should be fine for DO schools. Apply to at least 10 next June and submit your secondaries by July. Also consider applying to all the Ohio MD schools (except Case Western).

Members don't see this ad :)
You're highly competitive for DO programs!

Recent grad, OR resident and I received a 28(11/7/10) on the MCAT this past June. Am planning on applying to DO programs and my instate MD OHSU in 2015. As an undergrad I volunteered at a free health clinic for three years and I now currently volunteer at a HIV needle exchange counseling patients on methods to reduce risk of HIV and AIDS and by I should have 20-30 DO shadowing hours and 50 MD hours as well. Are my chances for DO good?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys for the input, I appreciate it!