3.7GPA/ 27MCAT (retaking) School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scheppe3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 3.7GPA and I got a 27 on the MCAT that I took in January (I am scheduled to retake on June 20.) I have worked as a medical assistant in a doctor's office for a year and a half. I volunteered in the Emergency department of a local hospital for three semesters, volunteered at a brain rehabilitation center twice a month for a year and spent a week in Honduras this year volunteering on a medical brigade trip. I have some research experience in a child psychology lab over the past year. I also spent a semester doing research/clinical trials in the emergency department of a hospital. I have a small amount of leadership experience in the past few months as I have recently been elected to the e-board of our pre-phyiscian club on campus and the board of directors for the medical brigade trip. I am a Michigan resident so I was wondering what my chances are with the in-state schools and which out of state schools I should consider? Thank you guys so much in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

You have a chance for an interview at the Michigan schools (except University of Michigan ). For OOS schools consider
Quinnipiac
Albany
NYMC
Commonwealth (PA)
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Creighton
St. Louis
You should also be applying to at least 10 DO schools since your chances for a MD acceptance with your stats are approximately 50%.

Reactions: 1 user
How many schools in total should I be applying to between MD and DO?