3.7sGPA, 34 MCAT, Need help adding schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chipmonkey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your list?

Reactions: 1 user
What is your list?
Ooops I suppose that would help...my bad...

Thomas Jefferson
Penn State
U Pitt
Temple
SLU
Mizzou (in state)
WashU
BU
Einstein
NYMC
GW
Georgetown
Duke
Wake forest
Loyola
Brown
Miami
Tulane
Emory
Virginia Commonwealth
Vanderbilt
Stanford
Johns Hopkins

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have any clinical experience or shadowing?

Schools such as JHU and WashU are likely very out of reach because you are at the 10th percentile GPA for JHU and the 10th percentile MCAT for WashU. Your research will help with the top schools but know that your MCAT and GPA are on the low side, so be sure to have plenty of mid-tiers.

With regard to stats, I see about a dozen schools where you have a good chance at an interview. That's usually enough for someone who has validated their commitment to the clinical service of the sick or suffering. I'm not seeing that so much.

Thanks for replying! I do have one year of volunteering in clinic working directly with patients/doctors, and the job I have now is primarily face-to-face contact with patients and doctors, no official shadowing but the doctors I work with now let me follow them around and observe don't know if that counts? I had been trying to emphasize my research since I thought that was my strong suit, but do you think a better strategy would be to emphasize the patient interactions I have had?

Thanks for replying! I do have one year of volunteering in clinic working directly with patients/doctors, and the job I have now is primarily face-to-face contact with patients and doctors, no official shadowing but the doctors I work with now let me follow them around and observe don't know if that counts? I had been trying to emphasize my research since I thought that was my strong suit, but do you think a better strategy would be to emphasize the patient interactions I have had?
As long as you can show that you really know what you are getting into, you will be fine.

Goro suggests

Thomas Jefferson
Penn State
Temple
SLU
Mizzou (in state)
BU
Einstein
NYMC
GW
Georgetown
Duke