MD 3.8/3.8 cGPA/sGPA, 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qoowoo777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also, consider the PHS NIAID pathway at USUHS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all,low impact factor journal (IF ~9)

Do yourself a favor and don't call a journal with 9 impact factor low impact. There are only 6 journals in microbiology with an impact factor 10 or above and the Ph.D who interviews you probably celebrates whenever they get a paper with a 9 impact factor. My highest is 7, personally.

Cut UVA and Michigan and maybe go for Boston (is that your BU?) or Dartmouth.

I suggest:

Emory
Albert Einstein
BU
USC (Keck)
Tulane
Tufts
Georgetown
Vermont
Jefferson
Wake Forest
George Washington
ALL FL schools
All new MD schools
Loyola
Rush
MCW
SLU
Tufts
Creighton
Temple
Albany
Drexel
Penn State
EVMS
VCU

Those ECs are highly laudable, but won't make up for an avg MCAT score for the top schools.

Thanks for the input, Goro! I'll keep these in mind.

Anyone know of any "upper tier" schools that are especially holistic and have a soft spot for experience gained through significant humanistic volunteerism, like via a rape/abuse crisis center or hospice, as I have?

Thanks for the input, Goro! I'll keep these in mind.

Anyone know of any "upper tier" schools that are especially holistic and have a soft spot for experience gained through significant humanistic volunteerism, like via a rape/abuse crisis center or hospice, as I have?
@Goro's list has plenty of good reaches for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you have too many reaches on your list. Need some more mid-tier schools to land more interviews. Goro has a nice list for you. Could also look into: Miami, Hofstra, NYMC, Rosalind Franklin, and Western Michigan.