C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alreadynotyet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[deleted] PM me for details if you're curious!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
CA residents have difficulty getting accepted to their state schools due to the large number of qualified IS applicants. Add some "safe" OOS private schools such as:
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
St. Louis
Tulane

Add Emory, Duke, Rochester, NYU, Pitt, Vandy, U AZ, U CO, U VM, Einstein and BU

CA residents have difficulty getting accepted to their state schools due to the large number of qualified IS applicants. Add some "safe" OOS private schools such as:
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
Jefferson
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
St. Louis
Tulane

Members don't see this ad :)
Add UCI (i'm assuming you forgot)

UCR is biased towards inland empire tho you are above their averages.

Like I said, CA resident with 3.805 cGPA, sGPA 3.8. MCAT: 34 (11P, 12V, 11B)

Research: 1 Year (~400 hours) Autism research no pubs, muscle physiology research (~300 hours no pub)

Clinical: ~150 hours in hospital volunteering

Shadowing: About 90 hours (15 w/ radiologist, the rest with different IM physicians)

Non-Clinical volunteering: 80 hours with food assistance program

Other Extracurriculars: Leadership in religious orgs, drumming for 1 year in student org, Mentor and then Community service leader with premed org, Editor for on campus publication for a year

Schools: UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCR, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Albany, Albert Einstein, Drexel, USC, Stony Brook, Temple, BU, Creighton, Georgetown, Loyola, maybe a few more

Would axe georgetown unless you have very compelling reasons to go. They get >10k applicants and it's a bloodbath.

Would axe UCD unless you have demonstrated commitment to serving surrounding area/primary care.

In general would axe more UC schools in favor of out-of-state schools but that may be because my experience was so much better OOS vs in-state.

Would add Jefferson if you like Philadelphia.

Would add @Goro 's schools with the exception of Rochester (mandatory attendance) and Vanderbilt (secondary cutoff was much higher than your stats this year, and I don't think your EC would cut it for "holistic" review but could be wrong.)

Would also add any school you feel you have demonstrable/convincing reasons for attending.

Vandy's 10th%ile for MCAT stretches down to 33 and GPA to 3.6, so OP is in strong striking distance.

Would axe georgetown unless you have very compelling reasons to go. They get >10k applicants and it's a bloodbath.

Would axe UCD unless you have demonstrated commitment to serving surrounding area/primary care.

In general would axe more UC schools in favor of out-of-state schools but that may be because my experience was so much better OOS vs in-state.

Would add Jefferson if you like Philadelphia.

Would add @Goro 's schools with the exception of Rochester (mandatory attendance) and Vanderbilt (secondary cutoff was much higher than your stats this year, and I don't think your EC would cut it for "holistic" review but could be wrong.)

Would also add any school you feel you have demonstrable/convincing reasons for attending.