DO 3.8 cgpa/sgpa, 24 (10,5,9) MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Printer5000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would strongly suggest retaking MCAT, aim for 30+ (or equivalent percentile), and you would then stand a good chance at MD schools. As it stands, your list has a good mix of high and low stats DO schools; you will be able to land a few interviews, especially at the newer schools. However, you really don't want to limit your residency options if you could get into MD schools to begin with.

You have an extremely solid app except for your mcat score. I think of you took a few months to study and raise it up, you will transform from a marginal applicant into a strong one. I would not recommend applying before retaking your mcat.

Concur. But i have to warn you that it is disconcerting to see a native English speak do so poorly onb the VR sections.

As for these DO schools, you might get some love from them.

CUSOM
LECOM-E/SH
SOMA
PCOM-Ga
PNWU
COMP-NW
WCU
ACOM
VCOM-(all three)
LMU
WVSOM
KYCOM
WCUCOM

I would strongly suggest retaking MCAT, aim for 30+ (or equivalent percentile), and you would then stand a good chance at MD schools. As it stands, your list has a good mix of high and low stats DO schools; you will be able to land a few interviews, especially at the newer schools. However, you really don't want to limit your residency options if you could get into MD schools to begin with.