3.8 overall, 3.6 science, 35 MCAT where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antonkland88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ivy league student, asian-american male. With these numbers alone, where do I have a shot? Where should I apply? I figured there aren't really safety schools for me because my science GPA is about the average of all the accepted students. I plan on applying to 15-20 schools where I may have a chance. My dream school is Cleveland Clinic Lerner SOM, but I haven't been able to find much info about their entering class. Some other schools I am considering at the moment are cincinatti, cwru, jgeorgetown, jefferson, temple, drexel, rush, rosalind franklin, USC, and UMDNJ.

Members don't see this ad.

You have the numbers to get an interview just about anywhere, and those schools should be relatively easy to get into with your stats. However, there will be a few people applying with numbers as good as yours so make sure you are ready for the interview and that you have meaningful experience shadowing and volunteering. You should also apply to some reach schools (top 20) just to see how far you can go. You are lucky, many do not score as well as you have. Seek every opportunity your scores have gotten you and best of luck

If you have the money, apply to as many schools as you like. Your numbers will open doors to many schools. I would at least apply to all top 20 schools and then add 10-15 more lower tier schools. You'll never know where you'll end up. From now on, it is all subjective.