3.80c 3.86s 33 School List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaw93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got my MCAT score back today so I am really excited to finally do this

Finance Major with emphasis in healthcare management
Biochemistry Minor

3.80c
3.86s
11/11/11 for a 33 MCAT

ECs:

Clinical:
120 hrs clinical internship at a internist/pediatrician's practice
Shadowed a few surgeries
25 hrs as an athletic training technician

Volunteer:
300 Hrs as a youth wrestling coach

Work:
  • Math + Science tutor for my schools disability center (1 semester)
  • Supplemental instruction leader for Biology (2 Semesters)
  • Preceptor for Biology (2 semesters)
  • I have an internship this summer in Spain working for a company that takes small medical technology startups and helps them develop their products, find investors, and get their products out on the european market.
Other:
Treasurer and CFO of my 180 member fraternity. One of 6 executive officers, manager of an annual budget of over $1 million.
Helped plan and implement two philanthropy events that raised a combined $30k

Played club Rugby for a year
Member of a boxing team for a year
Eagle Scout

I have no research experience currently

My School List so far:
AZ Resident

University of Arizona -Tucson
University of Arizona- PHX
University of Miami
Wake Forrest
Einstein
GW
BU
Temple
Stony Brook
Drexel
University of Colorado
NYMC
NYU (super reach)

If someone could look at this list and make some additions or subtractions that would amazing. Also, I would love to hear any comments you have on my app. Thank you in advance for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
accidently posted without the list. Edited

I followed the doctor around like a shadow, but he had me go in to the rooms before he saw patients and get their histories and report them back to him. This one-on-one patient experience was incredible. I took blood pressures, heart rates, listened to lungs, looked in ears and throats etc. He went over the basics diagnostics with me and we discussed every patient he saw briefly when he was done.

I posted a bit more about it here when i first started and most people agreed that it was well above and beyond shadowing
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/considered-shadowing-or-clinical-exp.1010891/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the response. If you don't mind me asking, what are the 8 that you consider to be in my range?