3.83/512 WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoCubsGo20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm super pumped to post a legitimate WAMC thread haha. Anyways, just got my MCAT back and would really appreciate any wise words and advice anyone has to offer!

1. 3.83 cGPA and 3.88 sGPA
2. MCAT 512. 128/127/129/128
3. IA
4. White male
5. Mid-sized public university in WI
6. 225 hrs volunteering in hospital as a transporter and in PACU. Interact with patients every shift, and yes I can smell them haha.
7. 600 hrs research spread across two projects. One in the ochem lab and the other in the genetics lab. PIs are super busy and won't get around to helping me write any papers until long after I graduate unfortunately.
8. 20 hrs shadowing IM, 15 hrs rad onc.
9. 125 hrs youth sports coach through YMCA/YWCA, 50 hrs volunteering with at risk elementary students (was offered a job because supervisor thought I connected well with the kids), 25 hrs at museum, 25 hrs relay for life.
10. 125 hrs officer positions in pre health club, 400 hrs rec sports like softball, basketball, handball, etc., 130 hrs tutoring, 75 hrs anatomy lab TA, 200 hrs working as garbage man at distributing center, 150 hrs writing satire articles for school newspaper, 200 hrs working as school photographer, 30 hrs umping city rec league softball.
11. Honor roll, recipient of top program scholarship at university.
12. Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I was adopted (has shaped my career path) and am a first generation college student.

List:
U of IA (dream school)
Creighton
SLU
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Mayo
MCW
U of WI
U of MN
U of IL

Could use some help with the rest. I would really like to stay in the midwest if possible, family is here and don't want to leave during a time when I would likely need their support. Thanks for reading and replying!

Members don't see this ad.

You could add schools such as :
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Tulane
New York Medical College
GW
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson

You could add schools such as :
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Tulane
New York Medical College
GW
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Awesome, thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Would not suggest applying to GW, Georgetown, or Drexel. Far too low yield. Replace with UVM, VCU, and U Miami

U Miami is a slightly above your stats for MCAT but you seem to have a lot going on otherwise. You'll be fine. I'd suggest using Wedgedawg's applicant rating system to create your list. If you do a simple search you'll be able to find the spreadsheet for it!

U Miami is a slightly above your stats for MCAT but you seem to have a lot going on otherwise. You'll be fine. I'd suggest using Wedgedawg's applicant rating system to create your list. If you do a simple search you'll be able to find the spreadsheet for it!
I will definitely be doing so, thank you!