MD 3.85 GPA 32 MCAT - School List help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lemonayde

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
32 MCAT (11 PS, 8 VR, 13 BS)
3.85 sGPA and 3.84 cGPA
Graduating this spring from a big famous UC with degree in bio.
EC's:
50 hours Clinical scribing for a nephrologist - decided for me I wanted to pursue medicine
200 hours of volunteering at local hospital will be done by the time I apply
1 year college level math/physics tutor
2 strong letters, 1 average
apparently I am considered "white"
No Research/No interest in it - wont be able to do this last semester either
Utah Res
I don't care where I go to medical school, I will apply to the lowest tiers if that means I have a good shot
Would I get in anywhere?
Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Technically you have the numbers, but I don't see where you've demonstrated a commitment to medicine through your ECs. Over how long of a time period was your clinical scribing? Can you continue it? You have to show consistent patient contact over a period of time. With no leadership, average clinical volunteering, no research, no non-clinical volunteering, and no hands-on patient care, this will be an uphill battle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I bought the MSAR, I have to rebuild my list because my Aamcas average was 35 and I scored lower than expected.

I scribed when I return home for breaks, I will have roughly 100 hours spread over 3 years

Hi Everyone,
32 MCAT (11 PS, 8 VR, 13 BS)
3.85 sGPA and 3.84 cGPA
Graduating this spring from a big famous UC with degree in bio.
EC's:
50 hours Clinical scribing for a nephrologist - decided for me I wanted to pursue medicine
200 hours of volunteering at local hospital will be done by the time I apply
1 year college level math/physics tutor
2 strong letters, 1 average
apparently I am considered "white"
No Research/No interest in it - wont be able to do this last semester either
Utah Res
I don't care where I go to medical school, I will apply to the lowest tiers if that means I have a good shot
Would I get in anywhere?
Thanks for your time
A lack of research won't necessarily kill your application, but it's advisable to have another activity so substantial that it compensates for the lack. Have you got some years of nonmedical community service to those in need? A strong peer leadership role with which you've accomplished great things? Intercollegiate sports involvement over some years? A competitive hobby with lots of (publicly-known) wins? Artistic involvement with public acclaim? Etc.

Yea, I think I am going to take a gap year and try to pursue other activities that show my dedication to medicine

Thanks