3.88 cGPA 3.9 sGPA 31 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LOLCATZ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sup guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me tell me my chances and help me choose schools.

BA in Chemistry with Honors (Graduating 4-2011)
3.88 cGPA
3.92 sGPA
31R (11-9-11) MCAT

Research in Chemistry Lab for 1+ year

50 Hours shadowing 2 doctors

Started Tutoring Physics in Jan.

National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician
16hrs/week for 2 years as Pharm Tech
I also train new technicians and teach them the ropes, I'm also responsible for organizing and leading the meetings for the other technicians.

Member of Forensics Team (Speech and Debate) for one year.

MI resident

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Sup guys,

Wondering if anyone could help me tell me my chances and help me choose schools.

BA in Chemistry with Honors (Graduating 4-2011)
3.88 cGPA
3.92 sGPA
31R (11-9-11) MCAT

Research in Chemistry Lab for 1+ year

50 Hours shadowing 2 doctors

Started Tutoring Physics in Jan.

National Certification as a Pharmacy Technician
16hrs/week for 2 years as Pharm Tech
I also train new technicians and teach them the ropes, I'm also responsible for organizing and leading the meetings for the other technicians.

Member of Forensics Team (Speech and Debate) for one year.
Now down to business.

Your MCAT is right at the median for those accepted to allo schools. Your cGPA is very good and your BCPM is excellent. So numbers-wise you're in good shape.

Your research is about average in length. Your shadowing is probably fine, though if it doesn't include a primary care doc, get that done.

You've got something for teaching and leadership. The debating team is intersting and good to list, maybe under Other. If you have hobbies, sports, or artistic endeavors, list those too.

What I'm not seeing is clinical experience (yes, pharm tech gives you patient time at the window, but this should not stand alone. You need experience in a medical environment like a hopsital or clinic, nursing home or hospice) and also you lack nonmedical/noncampus community service which is essential since you got paid for the clinical experience you have so far.

Did you forget to mention any of the above? Without them, I don't think you're quite ready to apply.

canzishadoez128647098561527545.jpg