3.8GPA, 3.7sGPA, 32 MCAT (8/10/14)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juliebethmarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Strong ECs and leadership, research experience, clinical and shadowing, volunteer work (3+ years). Obviously, the major concern is my PS score. What are my chances at the following schools? I'm an Indiana resident who lives close to Chicago with strong ties to Wisconsin (father lives there, was Chief Resident at U of W, I was born there)

Albert Einstein*
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
George Washington*
Georgetown*
IU*
Loyola*
Mayo*
MCOW
Rush*
Tufts
Tulane
University of Illinois
University of Wisconsin
Wright State

*preferred (is that the right word?). Mayo is my top, but ever since I fell in love with an undergraduate institution (and had my heart broken by being rejected) I'm afraid to get too attached.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait till you start getting interviews to have "preferred" med schools. Wright State has a heavy IS preference, maybe apply to OSU or Cincinnati instead. U of I if I remember correctly is crazy expensive for OOS, so that's something to consider. Some schools you may want to add: NYMC, Albany, BU.

Sounds like you've got good EC's. An 8 is normally the cutoff for getting screened out at places, but for some schools it might be a 9, so that would be worth looking into before you apply.

A few of the schools might sneer at your imbalanced MCAT, but it looks like a good list to me. You might consider adding CCOM and MarionCOM.

Strong ECs and leadership, research experience, clinical and shadowing, volunteer work (3+ years). Obviously, the major concern is my PS score. What are my chances at the following schools? I'm an Indiana resident who lives close to Chicago with strong ties to Wisconsin (father lives there, was Chief Resident at U of W, I was born there)

Albert Einstein*
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
George Washington*
Georgetown*
IU*
Loyola*
Mayo*
MCOW
Rush*
Tufts
Tulane
University of Illinois
University of Wisconsin
Wright State

*preferred (is that the right word?). Mayo is my top, but ever since I fell in love with an undergraduate institution (and had my heart broken by being rejected) I'm afraid to get too attached.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in a DO. That's why I'm here in the Allopathic forums =)