3.9 GPA, 3.8 sGPA, no MCAT yet, Masters and PhD(c)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rabbit_Tails

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do I have to do to be better?

Research
- Currently publishing, first author - at least 2 more papers before graduation, many national abstracts (posters), previously posted 2 middle author in nonsciences

Teaching
- certificate, TAing, did subbing

Leadership
-holding executive position at top organization, (thinking about running for president, thoughts?)

Volunteering
- volunteering at homeless shelter, did volunteer work in the hospital (6 months, 200+ hours)

Clinical Work
- worked as patient orientated work through a government agency for two years, translation, some coding, accompanied patients in doctor visits etc and shadowed for 200+ hours

Extra stuff
- ran a few 5ks and training for my first 13.1

What more should I do to stand out, maybe even get into top 20?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A lot is going to vary based on your MCAT score. Other people have a lot more ec's... For example, one of the ones I just saw talked about how he did organic chemistry research and was TA in organic chem for 4 years. It shows a lot of dedication, the marathon shows some and is impressive. Some people, for example; have volunteered at a hospital for 4-5 years. Your application looks good, (in my opinion) it doesn't appear fufilled enough with commitment. But, that's not to say you couldn't get into a 15-20 school. Good luck. :)