3.9 GPA, 3.87 SCI, 90-100 MCAT , IL resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illini51

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As you can see above my GPA is strong. My MCAT sub section break down is the following

MCAT Breakdown
85-100 Chem PHYS
85-100 CARS
83-98 Bio/Biochem
84-99 Behavioral

LORs: Intro Bio professor who I worked with personally on an honors project, Orgo 1 professor, Research PI who I have worked with for two years, MD that I worked for.

As far as extra curriculars go I have the following

Medicine Related
Research-1200 hours 1 first author publication in preparation and soon to be submitted. Awarded 1 external and 2 campus fellowships
Hospital Volunteer-50 hours at on campus hospital
Medical Mission Volunteer-40 hours at a clinic on a summer weeklong trip.
Shadowing-10 hours and looking for more
Work Experience-Worked as a receptionist in a private practice for 1000 hours spread across three summers. Trained new hires during my last summer as well as assisted on minor office procedures by handing MD instruments and sterilizing when instruments were done being used.

Non Medicine Related
Campus Wide Fraternity Exec Board Vice President Service-Partnered with Red Cross to run a blood drive that exceeded expected donors by 20%. Worked with local chapters to increase service by 10% from previous spring semester
Fraternity-Philanthropy chair: Doubled participation in spring philanthropy event and increased money raised by 15%. Also complete service projects throughout the semester with my fraternity.
Tutoring Business-Started a tutoring business that grew to 15 students. Taught weekly lessons, prepared lesson plans, and created homework worksheets.

Any thoughts on a potential school list would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.