3.94 cGPA, 3.97 sGPA, 35 MCAT, school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onionssss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your list is a little top heavy but with being a Cal. resident and with your gpa/MCAT, I think that should be okay. Your ECs aren't below average, but nothing spectacular worth Harvard's or Stanford's attention. If you don't mind spending the extra $, who knows, you may get lucky. Your addition to the list would be a nice offset to your reaches as well. I don't think U of Arizona is very OOS friendly though (correct me if I'm wrong) but the others look good. I don't see you not getting at least a few acceptances off your current list.

Good list; your numbers are solid so I think you can pare off some of the low tiers, and add some OOS public schools that are OOS-friendly.

Concur that the ECs are lackluster, so you need to add. try Habitat for Humanity, being an EMT, working in hospice or nursing homes. Or try something really daring, take a gap year and go Peace Corps.

Your list is a little top heavy but with being a Cal. resident and with your gpa/MCAT, I think that should be okay. Your ECs aren't below average, but nothing spectacular worth Harvard's or Stanford's attention. If you don't mind spending the extra $, who knows, you may get lucky. Your addition to the list would be a nice offset to your reaches as well. I don't think U of Arizona is very OOS friendly though (correct me if I'm wrong) but the others look good. I don't see you not getting at least a few acceptances off your current list.