3.95 SGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John004

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know this gets posted often, but I have been extremely anxious recently and am trying to alleve my anxiety. Anyway, I have a 3.95 SGPA and a 3.3 cumulative GPA. This is because I attended college and didn't do so great, however, I went back to school and have managed to obtain a 3.95 Science GPA (I am 25 in case that matters). The only science courses that were not A's were the O-chem labs: A- and B respectively in Ochem 1 and 2.

Regarding extracurriculars, I am an honorably discharged veteran, although never deployed, I have shadowed a surgeon and did around 50 clinical hours and 15-25 hours watching surgeries. Furthermore, I made a 178 on the LSAT, and I believe that I will kill the MCAT as well, even though it is a completely different sort of exam. I just believe that hard work and studying will give me the score I desire.

I have no research experience, although I plan to start conducting research this year as well as take some extra science and math courses for fun. I have volunteered abroad, however, it was on the healthcare research side. I researched Argentina's healthcare system and the problem's with their delivery of medicine. I also compete in ultra races, e.g., I have finished a few ultramarathon's and a few centuries (100 mile bike races).

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions for what I should do to improve my chances, please let me know. Also, I would love to hear if you think I have a chance at getting into a medical school. Thank you for reading this long post!, and I look forward to your response.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah, I apologize before I get flamed, but I think this is in the wrong forum... If anyone could move it over that would be awesome!

First off, many thanks for your service to our country.

Quit fussing, because you're golden.

Hi, I know this gets posted often, but I have been extremely anxious recently and am trying to alleve my anxiety. Anyway, I have a 3.95 SGPA and a 3.3 cumulative GPA. This is because I attended college and didn't do so great, however, I went back to school and have managed to obtain a 3.95 Science GPA (I am 25 in case that matters). The only science courses that were not A's were the O-chem labs: A- and B respectively in Ochem 1 and 2.

Regarding extracurriculars, I am an honorably discharged veteran, although never deployed, I have shadowed a surgeon and did around 50 clinical hours and 15-25 hours watching surgeries. Furthermore, I made a 178 on the LSAT, and I believe that I will kill the MCAT as well, even though it is a completely different sort of exam. I just believe that hard work and studying will give me the score I desire.

I have no research experience, although I plan to start conducting research this year as well as take some extra science and math courses for fun. I have volunteered abroad, however, it was on the healthcare research side. I researched Argentina's healthcare system and the problem's with their delivery of medicine. I also compete in ultra races, e.g., I have finished a few ultramarathon's and a few centuries (100 mile bike races).

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions for what I should do to improve my chances, please let me know. Also, I would love to hear if you think I have a chance at getting into a medical school. Thank you for reading this long post!, and I look forward to your response.

Reactions: 1 user