3.99 GPA 30 MCAT Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

summer14

MS0
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OK. Statistically, you have a 70+% chance of getting into one school.

TX schools are apparently required by law to take 90% of students from in-state; they can therefore be very hard for OOS folks to get into. Definitely apply to all the FL schools, but you will want to apply broadly. It's getting late in the MD cycle. Have you submitted your AMCAS yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes and my primary is verified! And yes I've heard about that!

I'm confused about if a retake would count for this cycle or the next one?

Oh, great. If you want help choosing what schools to apply to, post a list of the ones you've already applied to and what your ECs are.

I think you're probably in pretty good shape, but you need to make sure you're applying to the right programs to maximize your chances.

Thanks hold on let me compile a list of ECs and everything!! Thank you!!

An 8 will not screen you out. Use the MSAR and probably not apply to schools that have a <10% of >9. Your GPA is fantastic though. Depending on your ECs/essays/etc...you'll be fine.

So my cGPA & sGPA are both 3.99 (just to clarify).

Last edited:
Forget TX. You should be fine. Did you apply DO, too? A few OOS privates might be a good idea.
I only applied to 1 DO school (UNT Fortworth). I think I would like to go to an MD school so I would reapply if need be. I'll look into some OOS privates though!

Good chances at most of your schools. I think you should focus on florida schools since you went to UF.

Good chances at most of your schools. I think you should focus on florida schools since you went to UF.
Thanks! I'm going to apply to almost all FL schools but I'd like to apply to some more OOS just in case... anyone know of any OOS that would be in my reach?

Thanks! I'm going to apply to almost all FL schools but I'd like to apply to some more OOS just in case... anyone know of any OOS that would be in my reach?

You should apply to more schools, and not the Texas ones because they heavily favor in state. Currently your list is just Florida schools (state schools I assume) and a bunch of Texas schools; your best bet is your state schools but also look to add more OOS privates.

Creighton, Wake Forest, Drexel, Temple, Jefferson, NYMC are some suggestions. Look for others with MCAT medians at 30-32.

you should put George washington on your list

Invest in MSAR Online are target schools whose MCAT scores are closest to your on. Definitely apply to ALL FL schools, including the 2 DO schools. You're actually fine for any DO program, including mine. There are are good number of MD schools for whom you're competitive. Rosy Franklin, Rush, Wake, come to mind as starters.

Hi everyone! I just got my MCAT score today.
Total: 30
PS: 11
V: 8
BS: 11

My GPA is 3.99 and I'm a biology major at the University of Florida. I'm a FL resident so I'm applying mainly to FL school but also wanted to apply to some TX because I have family there.

I really don't know if I should retake. I'm scared I'll get less than 30 if I retake it. SO basically I'd love some advice/opinion on this! (Also is the 8 going to screen me out of some schools??)

I got the exact same MCAT score as you as well as a similar GPA. Where did you end up applying to? Where did you get accepted to? I would love to hear your advice.

I got the exact same MCAT score as you as well as a similar GPA. Where did you end up applying to? Where did you get accepted to? I would love to hear your advice.
MD schools can't accept anyone (except EDP) until October 15.