3-credit course with lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I have 3 credits for each of chem I and II, but they each contained a lab component! this was at a canadian university.

also, my bio was 6 credits, and that had a lab component to it too.

that was at my first school, and I have tranferred out of there. But how can I put across the fact that they included labs? I don't want my app thrown out because they don't see a lab gor gen chem or bio?!

do you think I should have my transcript from there evaluated as international??

please note that at my current college, I have taken biochem I and II as well as a 3 credit lab in biochem.

what do you guys think? thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

mlle said:
hey guys, I have 3 credits for each of chem I and II, but they each contained a lab component! this was at a canadian university.

also, my bio was 6 credits, and that had a lab component to it too.

that was at my first school, and I have tranferred out of there. But how can I put across the fact that they included labs? I don't want my app thrown out because they don't see a lab gor gen chem or bio?!

do you think I should have my transcript from there evaluated as international??

please note that at my current college, I have taken biochem I and II as well as a 3 credit lab in biochem.

what do you guys think? thanks in advance.

I to am in a similar situation. At my school each class is 4 credits, but lab is included in the class. How can we go about putting this down? Adcoms will obviously look at my transcripts and see nooo lab credits at all because they are incorporated in the class credit... argh

im sure alot of schools integrate at least some of their lecture courses with the lab component. It was designed so what's taught in lecture corresponds to stuff you do in lab (for ex, gchem lecture may be covering acid-base titration, and thats what you do in lab). the only class i've had where lab is a separate component is orgo, but lecture is 3 credits instead of 4 for gchem. Also, orgo lab is less relevant to the lecture material so that's why they separated the course.