Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

3-year pharmd programs.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by tristan, 03.05.03.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. tristan

tristan Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey guys,
    Which is better 3-year programs or 4-year programs? With 3yrs, you don't get summer off but you have lesser loans and faster graduation. Do you think employers will look "bad" upon 3-year grads as opposed to 4-year grads? Also, it is tougher to get accepted to a 3-yrs program as compared to a 4-yr program.
  2. Triangulation

Triangulation 1K Member

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I can't speak to the issue of how exactly employer's will look at 3 vs. 4 yr programs. If you're planning on becoming a pharmacist in a regular pharmacy, I don't think they would care at all. I'm not sure to what level they streamline the curriculum for 3 yr progs. If they get you out in 2 2/3 yrs at UOP it seems that something must be left out, but maybe not.

As far as it being more rigorous to get into 3 yr progs: Definitely not here in CA, but maybe elsewhere.

Are you debating whether to choose a 3 yr because of consequences long term?

I think a definite upside to 3 yr prgs is you've got one additional year of $80K income by getting out a year early and that is only a plus.

I also think that it's cool if you're at UOP because even if you're not into Stockton you're only gonna have to be there for 2 yrs. Sorry if I'm offending anyone, I personally don't do well in small cities.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal