30 days left- critique my plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herewego

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got 30 days left.

I've finished uworld 1x, read the explanations and annotated FA. I've read 97% of FA (some sections multiple times, some only once)

Plan:
2x FA
1x uworld

Pans out to be about 70 questions a day (Will read explanations) and 40 pages of FA (not including the annotated pages I've added in).

Am I being too ambitious? Should I sacrifice 2 reads of FA for one very in depth read? I'm the kind of person that needs multiple passes at material. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's too ambitious - 40 pages of FA per day is certainly doable if you've already been through it thoroughly. I know of four video review courses (FA Express, Kaplan HY, Falcon First Aid review, and DIT) that go through FA in 30-80 hours altogether, so it can certainly be done in two weeks. But that's dependent on how strong your understanding is already. For instance, if you've already learned the really dense stuff, you could do two passes. But if you still don't know the difference between a branchial arch and a branchial cleft, you might need to do a more thorough pass.

UWorld should be quicker the second time around, so 70 questions a day isn't unreasonable.

If I were in your place, I'd probably try a different approach at FA the second and/or third times around - maybe one of those four video courses (actually, one of the three - the Falcon one might as well not exist). I'd also consider going through Pathoma in lieu of one of those FA passes - the entire Pathoma course should take less than half the time of a FA pass, so you could use it as an adjunct along with the "one thorough FA pass rather than two less-thorough passes" idea.

I don't think it's too ambitious - 40 pages of FA per day is certainly doable if you've already been through it thoroughly. I know of four video review courses (FA Express, Kaplan HY, Falcon First Aid review, and DIT) that go through FA in 30-80 hours altogether, so it can certainly be done in two weeks. But that's dependent on how strong your understanding is already. For instance, if you've already learned the really dense stuff, you could do two passes. But if you still don't know the difference between a branchial arch and a branchial cleft, you might need to do a more thorough pass.

UWorld should be quicker the second time around, so 70 questions a day isn't unreasonable.

If I were in your place, I'd probably try a different approach at FA the second and/or third times around - maybe one of those four video courses (actually, one of the three - the Falcon one might as well not exist). I'd also consider going through Pathoma in lieu of one of those FA passes - the entire Pathoma course should take less than half the time of a FA pass, so you could use it as an adjunct along with the "one thorough FA pass rather than two less-thorough passes" idea.

Thanks for the input, very much appreciated. I will consider your idea of some in lieu of another pass of FA after I finish my next pass. I'll gauge how comfortable I am starting a new source then.