32 mcat, 3.75 cGpa, 3.65 sGpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwaranch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know what my chances would be of getting into Baylor. To be less specific however how about a research school in general. Btw I have zero research but would like to in medical school. I have good lor's and good EC's including volunteering in a free health clinic and was a NCAA athlete. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know what my chances would be of getting into Baylor. To be less specific however how about a research school in general. Btw I have zero research but would like to in medical school. I have good lor's and good EC's including volunteering in a free health clinic and was a NCAA athlete. What are my chances?
I think that's going to be tough. Your cGPA is 0.1 before their average accepted, your sGPA is 0.2 below their average accepted, your MCAT is 3 below their average accepted, and 85% of the students reported they were involved in research during undergrad

And of the remaining 15%, a good number may have reported their research under "Employment" rather than under "Research."

If you have no research, Baylor might find it appealing if you have extraordinary achievement in another field of endeavor. For you, it might be sports. It might depend on whether your interviewers value intercollegiate athletics, or not (as all of them don't). As the odds don't seem to be in your favor for a Baylor acceptance, I doubt anyone here can give you a reassuring answer to your question. If you're wondering if you should spend the money to apply in light of the fact that your stats are below their acceptee medians and that they are a well-known strong research institution: well, if you don't try, you'll never know what's possible. Because miracles do happen sometimes.