34 MCAT 3.76 GPA 3.70 science gpa -Need advice on where to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JongPatrol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post. I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of schools listed in the MSAR and was wondering if you guys could suggest some schools to consider. I'm fine living in either an urban or a rural area, mountains make me especially happy. I'm a WI resident so MCW and UW Madison are currently towards the top of my list.

Some basic information:

3.76 GPA with an upward trend, got a 4.0 through my whole senior year
3.70 Science GPA
34 on the MCAT 12VR 12PS 10Bio

spent two summers working on a clinical research study studying diabetes in low SES neighborhoods.

worked in a lab on campus for a year on a small student grant where i worked on my own research project

graduated last year and have spent the last year working in an immunology lab, I should get several publications out of the experience, but don't know if I will be published in time for the beginning of this application cycle.

I should have very solid letters of recommendation.

I plan on applying very early.

Was very involved in my school's alpine club (went to school in CO)

I'm a Wisconsin resident

Not much shadowing experience, currently volunteer 4 hours a week in an ER.

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies!

Members don't see this ad.

You could easily apply to middle and upper-tier schools. You have a solid application. I didn't shadow at all and had a very successful application cycle, so don't even worry about that. Check out the LizzyM score spreadsheet and from there, pick locations/programs that would make you happy. I can't suggest any rural schools, I was a very urban-minded applicant so I didn't really look into them.