360 TS, 350 AA and this is what I used:

Echeema

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I decided to edit this post. I realized its kinda misleading cuz I didnt elaborate on what I did to study. This forum was really helpful while studying so I thought I'd give back! I used the OAT destroyer, Physics Destroyer, DAT Qvault, the HUGE Kaplan book, and the Kaplan OAT book with 2 practice tests/practice sections.

My scores - TS: 360, AA:350
Bio:390
Gen Chem: 340
Ochem: 370
Physics: 330
QR: 310
Reading: 350

Biology (390): the bio section of Qvault was an absolute game changer. I HIGHLY recommend it! This is how I tackled this section: I wrote down all the topics covered in the bio section. I started off with chads free bio videos and the huge kaplan book and then did a few practice tests on qvault to gauge where I was. Then based on what topics and questions I got wrong, I would look them up online, or in the kaplan book endlessly until I fully understood the concept. I also spent a couple days studying at barnes and noble so I could refer to the books they had there for help on specific topics (waddup free material, but wtf even more overpriced than usual starbucks). My qvault scores in the beginning of my studying were crap.. like mid-high 20s. A lot of the questions I got wrong were on a topic I just hadnt gone over but even when I retook 8 of them as my OAT got closer, I only really improved by a few points.

Gen Chem (340): I went through the big kaplan book, all of chads videos, took the quiz at the end of each video and once I was done with all of that, I started doing Qvault tests. Honestly, my scores were never high but I would try to learn from my mistakes. For my Qvault scores, I was mostly getting mid-high 20s towards the end. Know your periodic trends forsure.

Physics (330): Chads videos first again.. def very useful (my savior, like I hate physics which a passion but he made it tolerable lol). I used the Physics destroyer which has some really nice explanations, more of a reinforcing of concepts. I used that towards the end of my studying for practice, bc chads quizzes were more challenging so I went through them first.

Ochem (370): Honestly, I didnt really study for this section bc my undergrad really prepared me for it. I think I just wrote down all the main reactions, made sure I knew what the products were, the rxn names and which reagents were being used. I made sure was able to recognize whether a certain reagent was oxidizing or reducing so even if I didnt know what the reaction was, at least I had some idea of what to look out. (ex. if oxidizing reagent then probably a carbonyl in the product). Know your strong acids, bases, and which is the stronger acid or base.

Math (310): My lowest score lolz Idk even know.. I literally forgot I bought the math destroyer (fml I just cant.. my room was a black hole at that time) but i flipped through it after my OAT, and it looked helpful! Probably would have done better if I got to use it. I did some of chads videos for this too, went through the free sample OAT and DAT (beware of the errors) and just tried to practice mental math. I just ran out of time. I legit had 10 unanswered questions, and I was so exhausted with it being the last section that I was like f this. P.S ROUNDING IS EVERYTHING!

Reading (350): The day before my test, I did a couple of kaplan sections to see what method worked for me and then just winged it. I chose to do search and destroy and I had over 10 minutes left in this section at the end. The passages were really straight forward, and super simple. Just find a method that works best for you though.

AAAAAAAND thats it. Guarantee its not as hard as you think it is. Also, I know I didnt mention the kaplan book a lot but thats because I only really used it for two sections (bio and gen chem.. and both books were hand me downs from a friend). I'm not going to bash on kaplan but I'm just not a fan. I wholeheartedly believe that they dont do their research, because A LOT of the information isnt catered properly to the OAT. But anywhooo, this concludes my super long and obnoxious post. I hope that it helps at least one person with their studying! Good luck to everyone and thanks for reading!

ALSO THESE ARE THE OAT MATERIALS I'M SELLING:
-Oat Destroyer
-Physics Destroyer
-Math Destroyer

NO writing, highlighting, basically brand new because I bought them a few weeks before my test! Selling everything for $220. Compared to a total of $300 if you buy from orgoman! PM for offers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users