MD 38 MCAT, 3.58 cGPA, Canadian/Ontario Med Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davisfenos

Prince Caspian
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT: 14/10/14 (PS/VR/BS) = 38 total

Program: Honours Chemistry with thesis
Institution: University of Windsor (born and raised in Windsor)

cGPA: 3.58
sGPA: 3.58

Notable extracurriculars:
-Emergency room volunteer/trainer
-Organic synthesis lab volunteer
-French as a second language certificate
-"Outstanding scholar"
-TA for first year chemistry labs for over a year now
-1st degree black belt in karate

In province choices:
-UWO
-Queens
-Ottawa
-Toronto

Out of province choices:
-Wayne State University

I have also been told to apply to Ivy league American schools due to my MCAT score... is that worth my time?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got my MCAT score back today; (PS/VR/BS) = (14/10/14) = 38 total. I'm in an honours chemistry program with thesis, have hospital volunteering experience as well as organic synthesis lab volunteering, but no shadowing. My cumulative GPA as of last semester is 3.58. Chances in Ontario (UWO, Queens, Ottawa, Toronto) as well as states schools?

Thanks guys!
There are 74 US MD schools that will accept your application. Buy the MSAR and apply to the ones that took more than 1 or 2 internationals. You may need to post in the international forum to get information on schools in Canada.

There are 74 US MD schools that will accept your application. Buy the MSAR and apply to the ones that took more than 1 or 2 internationals. You may need to post in the international forum to get information on schools in Canada.
Oh okay, thank you very much I will look into both of those things!