About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

39T MCAT, low GPA

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by eleventwelve, Oct 14, 2010.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. eleventwelve

eleventwelve

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    -
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  2. lazymed

lazymed Not really lazy

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Different scools have different screening criteria or formulas. You should have a shot somewhere assumming no other red flags. However, based on this post, I'm assuming that you have not taken the MCAT and are "planning" on a 39 MCAT? So, I think the discussion will become more relevant once you get that 39.
  3. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing Herd Protection SDN Advisor

Physician Faculty SDN 7+ Year Member
    If your undergrad science grades ended with a rising trend, you may not need any repair work. If you've already demonstrated an ability to get great grades in upper-level science, you're probably fine with such a strong MCAT score. Assuming, that is, that you have the usual and cutomary other ECs, strong LORs, PS and essays with the right tone, and adequate interview skills.
  4. travoltage

travoltage Crank up the travoltage!

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    are you kidding? a 3.4/39 will open sooooo many doors. no problem to land an interview, maybe itll be harder to land one at a school such as penn, but i highly doubt youll have to much to worry about.
  5. eleventwelve

eleventwelve

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    -
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011