3D TEE Articles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to recommend a good "starter" article on acquiring 3D images in Philips MVQ format?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Um, what?

That question is completely Greek to
Me.

Damn I must be getting old.

Just call the sales rep. They'll be happy to show you. 3d zoom of the mitral valve is really the only 3d view I've found to be useful/practical.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed that you'll probably need someone to show you. Im not aware of any articles on basic image acquisition with the full volume loop. 3D zoom is fine but the image quality is not great to a full volume image. Using Q lab for EF calculations is quite nice. Plus the 3D image of the mitral valve with full volume is way better. MVQ is pretty tedious and our surgeons haven't found much use for the data as of yet. You get some nifty little measurements and images but practically in the OR I'm just not sure I can justify the 20-30 minutes of work.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty cool 3D renditions of not only the mitral, IAS-whatever-but the 17 segment view of the LV contacting makes it easier for newer trainees to appreciate subtle WMAs.

That said, I need to learn how to acquire these images. Thanks for the advice!