About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd year Rotations help!

Discussion in 'Osteopathic' started by Travdoc22, Sep 11, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Travdoc22

Travdoc22

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi Everyone, I need help deciding between my clinical rotation site for my 3rd year. I'm currently a 2nd year LECOM med student and have narrowed down my choices to the following:

Memorial Hospital (York, PA)
    Pinnicale Heath CG (Harrisburg, PA)
    Arnot Ogden (Elmira, NY)

Has anyone ever rotated in these hospitals before and can provide some reviews? Thanks!!
  2. Travdoc22

Travdoc22

Medical Student
    Or any review of other hospital rotations will help too, esp for other 3rd years on here that need assistance is picking rotation sites!
  3. cliquesh

cliquesh

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Based on their websites, I'd go with either York or Pinnicale. Pinnicale is much larger than York, 650 beds vs 150 beds, so based on that pinnicale may have more pathology. .Both of these have a decent number of residencies. What are you interested in? If you want to do EM or Ob/gyn maybe york would be a better option because they have residencies in those. If you want to do ortho or general surgery, I'd go to pinnicale. If you want IM or family med, I'd then suggest you research their individual programs.

At any rate, I know someone who rotated at Pinnicale and they liked it.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012