4.0 GPA, 32 MCAT, lots of research, need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Welks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got my MCAT scores back today and would like a bit of advice as I choose which schools to apply to. Here's what I'm working with.

B.S. in microbiology with a chemistry minor, 4.0 GPA, 7 A+'s.
32 MCAT (10 PS/10 VR/12 BS) - Was really expecting a higher score as I felt quite good about VR but oh well.
Over 2000 hours of malaria research, including 2 publications (not first-author) with 1, possibly 2, first-author publications in progress.
Awarded a fairly prestigious research fellowship through the American Society for Microbiology and attended their General Meeting where I presented my research.
Worked two jobs through most of college (research and a chemistry stockroom)
Have been on 5 different mission trips, 4 to Mexico and 1 to Nepal
~50 hours of tutoring and grading
Only around 20 hours of shadowing but have observed 5 surgeries

My main concern is that I do not have hardly any volunteer or clinical experience. My plan is to get a clinical job and volunteer in the next year but this obviously won't be on my application. How competitive do you think I'll be and what schools do you recommend? I'd like to apply to a couple top 10 schools if possible. Any advice is very appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just got my MCAT scores back today and would like a bit of advice as I choose which schools to apply to. Here's what I'm working with.

B.S. in microbiology with a chemistry minor, 4.0 GPA, 7 A+'s.
32 MCAT (10 PS/10 VR/12 BS) - Was really expecting a higher score as I felt quite good about VR but oh well.
Over 2000 hours of malaria research, including 2 publications (not first-author) with 1, possibly 2, first-author publications in progress.
Awarded a fairly prestigious research fellowship through the American Society for Microbiology and attended their General Meeting where I presented my research.
Worked two jobs through most of college (research and a chemistry stockroom)
Have been on 5 different mission trips, 4 to Mexico and 1 to Nepal
~50 hours of tutoring and grading
Only around 20 hours of shadowing but have observed 5 surgeries

My main concern is that I do not have hardly any volunteer or clinical experience. My plan is to get a clinical job and volunteer in the next year but this obviously won't be on my application. How competitive do you think I'll be and what schools do you recommend? I'd like to apply to a couple top 10 schools if possible. Any advice is very appreciated, thanks.
You have legitimate concerns. Where's your list?