4.13sGPA, cGPA 3.75, 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RosieCharlie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
4.13 science GPA, 3.75 cum GPA, 32 MCAT

What are my chances? Should I retake my MCAT? Also, do you know how to get NY state residency? I've lived here for 4 years and pay taxes and own a permanent address, but I have a NJ driver's liscence. What do you think?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Stellar science GPA...how'd you pull that off? No, don't retake unless you did awful in one section or something. I have no idea about the residency stuff.

Stellar science GPA...how'd you pull that off? No, don't retake unless you did awful in one section or something. I have no idea about the residency stuff.

No.

You can't have higher than a 4.0 for AMCAS. A+ doesn't exist there because it doesn't exist at all schools... So recalculate that.

Having already taken the MCAT and asking questions like this in WAMC strikes me as odd.

The MCAT and GPAs seem fine, but, clearly, need to be adjusted. MCAT and GPAs alone won't get you past the screening stage of the application process though.

What else have you done?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks! basically worked like a crazy person ahah. No, pretty balanced--11 bio, 10 phys, 11verbal.

Do you think with these stats I'd have a chance at getting into Columbia or Cornell?

No.

You can't have higher than a 4.0 for AMCAS. A+ doesn't exist there because it doesn't exist at all schools... So recalculate that.

Having already taken the MCAT and asking questions like this in WAMC strikes me as odd.

The MCAT and GPAs seem fine, but, clearly, need to be adjusted. MCAT and GPAs alone won't get you past the screening stage of the application process though.

What else have you done?

I wasn't sure about the A+'s, bummer. As for what I've done--clinical research, bench research, shadowing, volunteering with children...am a postbac so previous career in publishing with English major.