4 Months to study with Kaplan class, suggestions for building a study plan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxDrxxPoojaxx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just registered for the Kaplan in-person MCAT prep. I currently have access to prep materials like Kaplan ebooks, practice questions, the flashcard app, and the MCAT channel. Actual classes start May 25th and end July 27th, there are 12 sessions. I would like to begin studying as soon as possible so I can get the most use out of these resources since they will only last until July 27th (except the books, I'll still have those for the duration of my studying). I intend on taking the August 25th MCAT.
I also should add that I will need to teach myself biochem because I have not yet taken the class. I have, however, completed cell biology, neurobiology, and genetics, which I've heard help with understanding biochem. I have taken all the other pre-med pre-reqs as well.

How do you recommend going about studying day by day? I am very lost, any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

pretty sure you have 3 months after the course ends where you still have access to kaplan material. Even past that if you really need time, you can extend the period (I would very well expect it since the course is expensive).

So, I just registered for the Kaplan in-person MCAT prep. I currently have access to prep materials like Kaplan ebooks, practice questions, the flashcard app, and the MCAT channel. Actual classes start May 25th and end July 27th, there are 12 sessions. I would like to begin studying as soon as possible so I can get the most use out of these resources since they will only last until July 27th (except the books, I'll still have those for the duration of my studying). I intend on taking the August 25th MCAT.
I also should add that I will need to teach myself biochem because I have not yet taken the class. I have, however, completed cell biology, neurobiology, and genetics, which I've heard help with understanding biochem. I have taken all the other pre-med pre-reqs as well.

How do you recommend going about studying day by day? I am very lost, any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Interesting....last time I attended an informational session with Kaplan they claimed that all online material would be available for a year from the date of purchase. So you should still have plenty of time once your course concludes. I took the entire General BioChemistry series and a lot of the information is repetitive IF you are a Biology major. My chem/biochem friends struggled since a lot of the content was covered in other biology courses.