4 year HPSP spots remaining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The board is held at Bethesda and the people on it are dental officers along with possibly other staff corps and line officers. Generally you will not know who's on the board as that damages the integrity of the process.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call from my Navy recruiter on monday and he said that the board has made their decision and that I have been put on an alternate list. He said the board wraps everything up at the end of June and that it is very likely that I may be picked from the alternate list anytime between June and October.

I got a call from my Navy recruiter on monday and he said that the board has made their decision and that I have been put on an alternate list. He said the board wraps everything up at the end of June and that it is very likely that I may be picked from the alternate list anytime between June and October.

Did your recruiter give you any concrete reason as to why you will "very likely" be picked from the alternate list between June and October? Is this based on how he/she has seen the list move in recent years? Would this be a 3 year or 4 year?

Even the best recruiters that I've worked with tend to make a lot of false promises or fluffy statements like that. I hope they're right, but I've found that 99% of the time so far, they just get my hopes up then let me down later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your recruiter give you any concrete reason as to why you will "very likely" be picked from the alternate list between June and October? Is this based on how he/she has seen the list move in recent years? Would this be a 3 year or 4 year?

Even the best recruiters that I've worked with tend to make a lot of false promises or fluffy statements like that. I hope they're right, but I've found that 99% of the time so far, they just get my hopes up then let me down later.

1) My recruiter said that through the years, that's how he had seen the list move and that most likely some people will not take the scholarship after all. It's a 4 year scholarship.

2) Yes I agree with you. Even though my recruiter tried to stay hopeful and optimistic about this, I still expect the worst, just so I do not get disappointed in the end. He also told me to take out Loans as a backup, just in case I do not receive the scholarship. Plus, he said if I do receive the scholarship in September of October, then some of my stipend (for months of september and october) may not come but I will still get the bonus.

Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked for the Navy's HPSP?

Does anybody know the date on which the June board is meeting?

Does anybody know the date on which the June board is meeting?

I know there is one June 8. And it seems like they have been meeting every two weeks lately, so there might be another one around June 22.

Thanks - does anyone know how many 4 year HPSP and HSCP spots are available still?

I know there is one June 8. And it seems like they have been meeting every two weeks lately, so there might be another one around June 22.

Any idea how long it takes to hear after the board meets and decides on your placement?

Has anyone heard from a recruiter after the June 8th board? Still no news for me.

However, I did get a phone call this morning from a background investigator. Apparently we need to do an face to face security clearance interview ASAP. I wonder if this means anything about my packet and/or a decision...

Has anyone heard from a recruiter after the June 8th board? Still no news for me.

However, I did get a phone call this morning from a background investigator. Apparently we need to do an face to face security clearance interview ASAP. I wonder if this means anything about my packet and/or a decision...

Interestıng, I wonder ıf everyone had to do thıs (my securıty clearance was stıll actıve so I was just renewed so to speak), though I don't remember doıng thıs the fırst tıme. I thought you had to pass your clearance before you were gıven a scholarshıp though, so mıght be good news. :xf:

I've heard nothing yet, I should be on that board as well. The applications closed on May 31st, so it's probably the last boards, we'll probably be all put on wait list :(

Kahr, apparently I just have to meet with someone in person to supplement my online security clearance to clear up some "red flags" (living out of the country for a while, for instance). They've known about it for awhile but I was just told this morning that it needs to be done NOW.

I can't imagine why they would bother doing this if I wasn't a)accepted or maybe b)being put on the wait list. Although, based on my experience so far, things aren't always done in a logical order. For all I know the board hasn't talked to the security people yet and I could have already been rejected! I filled out lots of Army paperwork like my direct deposit and W-4's before being put on the wait list with them a couple months back!

Kahr, apparently I just have to meet with someone in person to supplement my online security clearance to clear up some "red flags" (living out of the country for a while, for instance). They've known about it for awhile but I was just told this morning that it needs to be done NOW.

I can't imagine why they would bother doing this if I wasn't a)accepted or maybe b)being put on the wait list. Although, based on my experience so far, things aren't always done in a logical order. For all I know the board hasn't talked to the security people yet and I could have already been rejected! I filled out lots of Army paperwork like my direct deposit and W-4's before being put on the wait list with them a couple months back!

I see, makes sense I suppose. Keep your chın up, I'm sure you'll get ıt. :)

Where were you lıvıng ıf you dont mınd sayıng?

I just did a semester abroad in France and then traveled to some other countries while I was there. Pretty run of the mill college student stuff. It was a fun 6 months!

Just found out I got put on the alternate list, supposedly the list is quite extensive. now I'm hoping for a 3 year or 3.5 year hsps.

I got the alternate list too. What do you mean by the list is "quite extensive"? Any idea how many people are on it? Or if there is any kind of ranking system? I was told that it was first come, first serve, but I don't quite get how that works...

The only info I could get from my recruiter's text messages (quite professional, right?) were that I'm on the alternate list and people drop "all the time" and I have a "very good chance". I just need to "keep my fingers crossed". I wish that just once a recruiter would tell it how it is!

Did you hear just today or yesterday about the alternate list? Does that mean that the June 8 board meeting results are all in?

my recruiter gave me the update yesterday afternoon. I asked about the ranking of the alternate list, but she doesn't know, she said they don't release that information. She did tell me however, that they're expecting 20 additional HPSP slots for the class of 2016 in October.

Just spoke to my recruiter - I was reviewed on June 8 for a 4 year HSCP and was put on the alternate list.