494 MCAT 3.65 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lorong

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows with those results any chance of getting into any Australian medical schools?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Australian medical schools will have a minimum of a 500 to even be considered for an interview, although UQ has a minimum of a 496.

Edit: Sorry, it'll be better to search by specific schools to get this information. I know for a fact that University of Sydney has a minimum of a 500 and UQ has a minimum of a 496. If you are interested in applying to other schools, there are probably lower cutoffs also, as Cana33 said. Flinders for example has a minimum of a 123 in each section (total of 492) so if you have a 123 in each section, you are good to go: http://www.flinders.edu.au/medicine/sites/medical-course/international-applicants/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to let you know, I specifically made an account to say that what emerald wrote is incorrect. Most schools have a minimum of 123 in each subject, so you hypothetically could be accepted at many different schools. I just got accepted to two aus schools with a 498 and 3.4 cumulative GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much. I had 123/123/124/124. You guys have given me hope. Having said that I'm planning to give myself one more shot on the MCAT. I'm in my 4th year now and likely my WGPA would go up as that WGPA was based on my first three years and I didn't have a stellar 1st year.

Just wanted to let you know, I specifically made an account to say that what emerald wrote is incorrect. Most schools have a minimum of 123 in each subject, so you hypothetically could be accepted at many different schools. I just got accepted to two aus schools with a 498 and 3.4 cumulative GPA.

Which ones? I was about to say you probably need at least 123 on each section for most schools, but thats not a guarantee either. It depends on the applicant pool also.

Just checked Griffith and Flinders is looking for 123 min on each section

Congratulations on your acceptance! May I ask which schools you got accepted for? :)

if i am not wrong, it's the equivalent of about 21-23 in the old system. This may change as more applicants complete the MCAT?