DO 495 MCAT 3.6 GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QueensArmy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my score back... and a little disappointed. I really don't want to take the MCAT again and would like some advice.

GPA: 3.60 (will probably be higher by graduation. Science GPA is either that or higher)
MCAT: 495 (125,122,124,124)
Decent ECs.
250 volunteer hours. 2 years (will be 3 when I apply) of patient contact as an ER tech.
Bio TA
Peer mentor for freshman students
among many other leadership positions.

Honest opinion?
I'm willing to go to any DO school...

@Goro I know you're knowledgeable in this so i'd love your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're targeting DO programs, a safe bet would be in the range of 505-509. Other schools a safe bet would be a 510-515. If I were you I would apply because if you don't get accepted you will have to wait til the following year anyway. If that does happen, then you can retake the MCAT (those scores came from a medschooltutor website). Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on applying the upcoming may for the next cycle... But with my current schedule. preparing for the MCAT again will be very difficult.
That's why I don't want to do it again

Born in UK,
American citizen with middle-eastern heritage. If that classifies as URM?

I can't recommend applying anywhere with that score.

Hey guys,

Just got my score back... and a little disappointed. I really don't want to take the MCAT again and would like some advice.

GPA: 3.60 (will probably be higher by graduation. Science GPA is either that or higher)
MCAT: 495 (125,122,124,124)
Decent ECs.
250 volunteer hours. 2 years (will be 3 when I apply) of patient contact as an ER tech.
Bio TA
Peer mentor for freshman students
among many other leadership positions.

Honest opinion?
I'm willing to go to any DO school...

@Goro I know you're knowledgeable in this so i'd love your advice.

That is equal to a 22 on the old MCAT. @Goro would OP not even have a chance at DO schools with an average MCATs of 24-25?

Reactions: 1 user