498 Mcat and 3.83 GPA, where are my chances to get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medlover17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of getting accepted this cycle and also what schools should I apply to
thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think this thread is better suited in the WAMC forum, you'll get loads of better answers there. For now, @Goro any thoughts? GPA is great but MCAT is low.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are my chances of getting accepted this cycle and also what schools should I apply to
thank you in advance

DO? Pretty good.

MD? Highly doubt it.

Your MCAT says you are at risk for failing out of Medical school and failing your board exams

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

DO? Pretty good.

MD? Highly doubt it.

Your MCAT says you are at risk for failing out of Medical school and failing your board exams

Damn! your MCAT comment was very refreshing lol. Btw I have been in Med school before overseas.

Damn! your MCAT comment was very refreshing lol. Btw I have been in Med school before overseas.

Did you finish your degree? If not, it looks even worse on you. The U.S. And Canada have some of the most rigorous medical education systems in the world. If you couldn't hack it at a Middle East program with lower requirements, then how will you be able to handle a U.S. MD program?

Did you finish your degree? If not, it looks even worse on you. The U.S. And Canada have some of the most rigorous medical education systems in the world. If you couldn't hack it at a Middle East program with lower requirements, then how will you be able to handle a U.S. MD program?

Well, I had to flee the country. I don't wanna get too detailed here.

Well, I had to flee the country. I don't wanna get too detailed here.

ISIS?

Different story then lol just see how the cycle goes. Apply mostly DO and be sure to explain why you quit the program. Also, you may have to become a U.S. Citizen for DO programs. Look into it just to be safe

Apply broadly to DO and you should get some interviews. You have virtually no chance at MD so I would not waste my money and use that to apply to all the DO schools. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Chances only fair for DO. Auto reject at my school and at least several others. Even LUCOM has standards.

Chances are 0 at MD schools.
DO? Pretty good.

MD? Highly doubt it.

Reactions: 1 users
These are DO schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats so consider applying to all of them:
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
RVU-Utah (new school)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
UIWSOM (new school-Texas)
ATSU-SOMA
Apply as soon as possible and submit all your secondaries by late September.

Reactions: 1 user