5 more weeks till dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
5 more weeks till dec 1st.

hows everything feeling/holding up?

just 5 more weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting til Dec 1st got me like:

upload_2015-10-24_19-59-7.png

Reactions: 26 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess even people with 34 interviews get nervous :laugh:
Nowhere near that number haha. I just wanna know the outcome of everything! I know everyone does :)

Hoping everyone gets a nice pre-christmas gift!

Reactions: 2 users
@darknightzzz why you gotta bring it up man :eek: on the bright side, only 5 weeks to obsess about how my interviews actually went.

@darknightzzz why you gotta bring it up man :eek: on the bright side, only 5 weeks to obsess about how my interviews actually went.
why can't I son/daughter? jk 5 weeks is all i need to stop this sdn addiction given a good news on dec 1st

The waiting game man..
I had to purchase a night guard just for this sole purpose.
It gave me nightmare.
I grind my teeth.
My dream of being a dentist shatter.

Reactions: 6 users
The waiting game man..
I had to purchase a night guard just for this sole purpose.
It gave me nightmare.
I grind my teeth.
My dream of being a dentist shatter.
Seriously, I find my self clenching my teeth every time I think of interviews and Dec 1!

Reactions: 3 users
glad to find some people who have side effects of waiting as bad as mine. I thought im the bad one ;)

for me, i cant sleep, sleep shallow, wake up very disappointed everyday

Haven't even finished interviewing yet, but somehow I'm already exhausted and over this part of the process. think it's just the anxiety that I'm not sure how my answers were perceived. The next 5 weeks are gonna be uphill battles to distract myself from D-day

Members don't see this ad :)
i ended up getting a meditation app to help me sleep, it's kind of helping

Lol I take melatonin. Better dreams, easier morning.

wow...........so whats im feeling is not the exception.........looks like everyone is suffering from the same syndrome.

and taking med to help sleeping is not good i think

wow...........so whats im feeling is not the exception.........looks like everyone is suffering from the same syndrome.

and taking med to help sleeping is not good i think

It's a natural sleep aid actually, your body produces it. And I take less than 1 mg, enough to carry me through 7 hrs of sleep uninterrupted. It's not like Ambien or Lunesta, but you have to know how your body reacts to it.

I've spent a good chunk of my life watching undergraduate college acceptance reactions on YouTube in hopes it would be me by December 1st...

Reactions: 1 user
5 more weeks till dec 1st.

hows everything feeling/holding up?

just 5 more weeks.

Good luck, man. I'm rooting for you 110%. I hope Dec. 1 will be full of great news for you!

glad to find some people who have side effects of waiting as bad as mine. I thought im the bad one ;)

for me, i cant sleep, sleep shallow, wake up very disappointed everyday
YouTube celestial white noise...it's a gem for studying and relaxing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think the anticipation is bad now... Wait until the eve of Dec. 1st

Reactions: 8 users
really? aww thats very nice of u lolz.

I hope so too

Of course man. You've been such an awesome person to get to know on SDN!
I really respect your drive and how helpful you are.

Don't worry about it- dental schools would be crazy to reject you!

You guys sound like my wife. Keep calm I'm sure you all did great in your interviews. Just think about how you are going to celebrate on December 1st. Worry about which of the multiple schools you got accepted to your going to attend instead.

For some, Dec 1, may mark the beginning of the "nightmares".

You guys sound like my wife. Keep calm I'm sure you all did great in your interviews. Just think about how you are going to celebrate on December 1st. Worry about which of the multiple schools you got accepted to your going to attend instead.

Expect the worst, but hope for the the best; your advice alleviates stress, but it cannot be denied that 65% of all applicants are rejected by every school they apply to. It would be crushing and disheartening to expect an acceptance, only to find out that there are none to be had.

Expect the worst, but hope for the the best; your advice alleviates stress, but it cannot be denied that 65% of all applicants are rejected by every school they apply to. It would be crushing and disheartening to expect an acceptance, only to find out that there are none to be had.

65% is the rejection rate? Really?

QQ: If the schools are unable to reach us by phone on Dec 1 (although I will be checking my phone obsessively) , will they leave a message, call back or also send out an email?

Statistics also show a general trend of at least 1 acceptance for every 4 interviews so if your there have confidence, but of course there are exception (both good and bad).

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-25_13-47-25.png
    upload_2015-10-25_13-47-25.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: 4 users
Man, y'all to need to take a chill pill. Can't let the stress consume your life

I've spent a good chunk of my life watching undergraduate college acceptance reactions on YouTube in hopes it would be me by December 1st...

You want to go back to undergrad.? Yeah....me too actually.

QQ: If the schools are unable to reach us by phone on Dec 1 (although I will be checking my phone obsessively) , will they leave a message, call back or also send out an email?
I assume they will also send out an email. I have an exam on Dec 1st so I am hoping that is the case.

From what I've heard every school either updates AADSAS and/or sends emails. Some call later but from what I think it is more a 'congrats about getting in' rather than revealing the news

65% is the rejection rate? Really?

The statistics I've seen in the past were for the '05/'06 and '06/'07 years, when the acceptance rates were 37.0% and 33.6%, respectively, giving rejection rates of 63% and 66.4%, respectively. I searched for the most recent statistics when I saw your post, and found that the acceptance rate has increased to 47.4% for the '12/'13 cycle, but that is still a lot of people rejected every year. Certainly, I don't think it merits telling other posters to get excited over how many schools they will be accepted to, when there is a good likelihood for some that they may very well have to apply again next year.

Statistics also show a general trend of at least 1 acceptance for every 4 interviews so if your there have confidence, but of course there are exception (both good and bad).

I agree :).

Attachments

• Chrysanthemum.jpg
    Chrysanthemum.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
aadsas will be updated, I think

Last edited:
The statistics I've seen in the past were for the '05/'06 and '06/'07 years, when the acceptance rates were 37.0% and 33.6%, respectively, giving rejection rates of 63% and 66.4%, respectively. I searched for the most recent statistics when I saw your post, and found that the acceptance rate has increased to 47.4% for the for the '12/'13 cycle, but that is still a lot of people rejected every year. Certainly, I don't think it merits telling other posters to get excited over how many schools they will be accepted to, when there is a good likelihood for some that they may very well have to apply again next year.

More seats and schools have opened in the last few years, and it's now something like 2.07 applicants/seat, giving a 50% shot. This was discussed in one of my interview presentations.

More seats and schools have opened in the last few years, and it's now something like 2.07 applicants/seat, giving a 50% shot. This was discussed in one of my interview presentations.

Makes me feel a lot better :). I only hope that the population of the United States is growing at a rate faster than practicing dentists.

On the bright side, only about 2 weeks until Fallout 4! WHOOOO!

Reactions: 12 users
If I don't get accepted on Dec. 1st, I am dropping out of my remaining semester of undergrad to become a street performer. Any other rejectees looking to start a band?

If I don't get accepted on Dec. 1st, I am dropping out of my remaining semester of undergrad to become a street performer. Any other rejectees looking to start a band?
Me please. I can play several things. I can strip. Im willing to do it :greedy:

The statistics I've seen in the past were for the '05/'06 and '06/'07 years, when the acceptance rates were 37.0% and 33.6%, respectively, giving rejection rates of 63% and 66.4%, respectively. I searched for the most recent statistics when I saw your post, and found that the acceptance rate has increased to 47.4% for the '12/'13 cycle, but that is still a lot of people rejected every year. Certainly, I don't think it merits telling other posters to get excited over how many schools they will be accepted to, when there is a good likelihood for some that they may very well have to apply again next year.

I agree :).

not to be meant as bashing you but it is impressive wherever you go, you bring the same exact negativity backed up by published statistics. of course only 47.4% is accepted every year. if 80-90% are accepted every year (cough cough pharm and law school or grad schools), I don't think you probably sit here to discuss statistics and choose other profession so you can still make a living upon graduation.

this guy =____= i find a burst of annoyance from reading ur post. no offense meant.

thanks for ur statistics though. but if u went back far enough in 1980 or smth you will find dental admission is open admission 4k seats for 5k applicants (80% is accepted) WOOOHOOOOOO what a bomb statistics. sorry I don't have a published data.

Of course man. You've been such an awesome person to get to know on SDN!
I really respect your drive and how helpful you are.

Don't worry about it- dental schools would be crazy to reject you!

LOL thanks incisor ;) hope the same for u next cycle (you will be competing with frankie) better do postbach, SMP, and retake the DAT to be competitive

LOL thanks incisor ;) hope the same for u next cycle (you will be competing with frankie) better do postbach, SMP, and retake the DAT to be competitive

I know right? @Frank22 is going to make all of us look bad next cycle when he gets acceptances from Harvard, Penn, Columbia, UCSF, and all his top schools while I'm trying hard just to get an interview xD

not to be meant as bashing you but it is impressive wherever you go, you bring the same exact negativity backed up by published statistics. of course only 47.4% is accepted every year. if 80-90% are accepted every year (cough cough pharm and law school or grad schools), I don't think you probably sit here to discuss statistics and choose other profession so you can still make a living upon graduation.

this guy =____= i find a burst of annoyance from reading ur post. no offense meant.

thanks for ur statistics though. but if u went back far enough in 1980 or smth you will find dental admission is open admission 4k seats for 5k applicants (80% is accepted) WOOOHOOOOOO what a bomb statistics. sorry I don't have a published data.

I don't think you've read very many of my posts then; here are a few over the past few days:

"I know dental school will be rigorous, but I'm sure there will be plenty of time to go out and enjoy life. In dental school, GPA is not nearly as important unless one plans to specialize immediately after graduation."

"Great job!"

"You already know what the answer to your question is; students who scores 25s on sections of the DAT and have a 3.9 GPA are an exceptionally rare minority, there have been people accepted into dental school with statistics far lower than yours, you worked hard for your grades and DAT score, so be proud of yourself and do your best!"

"Your scores are great in some categories, good in others, and your only low score is in QR, which is the least important section. So don't worry about it; apply early and broadly and you'll be fine."

It would seem to me that you don't take an annoyance to any alleged negativity that I purportedly bring to any thread, but the fact that I am opinionated and can support my opinions with valid reasoning and data. To this, I would respond that if you joined this forum, your goal was to acquire educated responses to any inquiries you might have, and would you rather have someone honest speaking to you, or someone who only tells you what you want to hear?

Last edited: