5 more weeks till dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 weeksss!!! I wish i could sleep till dec 1st

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fallout and StarCraft release date is tmr. These two should keep me occupied until Dec 1 :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Breh Fallout releases in 6 hours on Steam. Preloaded and ready to goooo

Members don't see this ad :)
Fallout and StarCraft release date is tmr. These two should keep me occupied until Dec 1 :laugh:

Ah yes, fallout. The one thing that would prevent me from getting into dental school.

I would get Fallout 4 but then I'll get too attached even past december 1 and next thing you know I'll have 2000+ hours on it

#nobueno

Oh man it would be so nice to not have class this semester. Fallout 4 and football would keep me very well occupied until Dec. 1st.

Quite a struggle to study for class with Dec. 1st on my mind

Reactions: 1 users

They're making another Starcraft? I haven't played video games since middle school really. Is fallout pretty cool? I used to see friends play it all the time. I'm thinking of getting a Playstation just so I can play Madden again

They're making another Starcraft? I haven't played video games since middle school really. Is fallout pretty cool? I used to see friends play it all the time. I'm thinking of getting a Playstation just so I can play Madden again

It's just the 2nd expansion to starcraft 2-new units and new campaign. I'll get back to you on Fallout after I start bingeing on it in ~1 hour 45min

Anyone apply to WVU??? Also, 22 days until December 1st!!! Can it please just be here already!!!!

I've had two different deans of admission say it won't be December first but the first Monday in December which would be December 7th. But I've had other deans say December 1st. I'm really hoping the the other two guys were just confused haha

I've had two different deans of admission say it won't be December first but the first Monday in December which would be December 7th. But I've had other deans say December 1st. I'm really hoping the the other two guys were just confused haha

i'll die if its the 7th.. even the 1st is pushing my limits

its DECEMBER FIRST. everyone told me that. I went back 3 years for each year its december 1st, some years it fell on saturday and people were cussing cuz they wouldnt know until dec 3rd (following monday)

anyways, I saw you at MWU-az, thanks for asking for who I am but I couldnt show myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
calm down peeps. Its dec 1st. LOLLLL I cant believe my thread becomes like this lmao.

its DECEMBER FIRST. everyone told me that. I went back 3 years for each year its december 1st, some years it fell on saturday and people were cussing cuz they wouldnt know until dec 3rd (following monday)

anyways, I saw you at MWU-az, thanks for asking for who I am but I couldnt show myself.

Which dates did u guys go to the Midwestern interview? I might have seen u guys there as well

this is so funny! we are going crazy. Glad to know i'm not the only one confused. :corny:

Haha i never said it wasn't December first, I did say that two different Dean of Admissions didn't know the correct date. That's a fact too. Just interesting that they don't even know.

And I know exactly who you were there wasn't too hard to figure out after I asked.

Here's an exercise to help you guys relax!

It's called the "What are the chances I don't get into anywhere I've interviewed?" game!

The rules are simple. Use the file attached at the end to calculate the percentage of interviewees that get accepted based on their in-state/OOS status at each school at which you've interviewed. Use the decimal (for those of you who scored poorly on the QR section, 85% is 0.85). Let them be represented by a,b,c etc.

Plug and chug. For example, interviewing at 5 schools, you would calculate the following.

(1-a)(1-b)(1-c)(1-d)(1-e) = The percent chance you don't get into anywhere you've interviewed! (For those aforementioned people who are less mathematically inclined, remember to multiply your answer by 100 to bet it back into percent form!)

Without numbers reported for two of my schools, which would have made the number even smaller, my chance of not getting any of the schools where I interviewed was 0.08%.

Relax everyone. It's all good.

Also, obviously your individual intangibles and interviewing skills differ widely, and this is just based on numbers, not people.
Not sure if you're a wizard or if just awesome- maybe both..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called the "What are the chances I don't get into anywhere I've interviewed?" game!

The rules are simple. Use the file attached at the end to calculate the percentage of interviewees that get accepted based on their in-state/OOS status at each school at which you've interviewed. Use the decimal (for those of you who scored poorly on the QR section, 85% is 0.85). Let them be represented by a,b,c etc.

Plug and chug. For example, interviewing at 5 schools, you would calculate the following.

(1-a)(1-b)(1-c)(1-d)(1-e) = The percent chance you don't get into anywhere you've interviewed! (For those aforementioned people who are less mathematically inclined, remember to multiply your answer by 100 to bet it back into percent form!)

Without numbers reported for two of my schools, which would have made the number even smaller, my chance of not getting any of the schools where I interviewed was 0.08%.

Also, obviously your individual intangibles and interviewing skills differ widely, and this is just based on numbers, not people.
pretty sweet, but it probably only makes you feel better if you have a more than a few interviews haha

.....Sorcery..... .0037... .37% .. but I 100% bombed my UK interview (blanked on 'why dentistry' and my fly was unzipped.. FML) so might as well toss that one out hahaha

Reactions: 4 users
You either get in or you don't. 50/50

Trust me guys I had statistics once :cigar:

Reactions: 5 users
FYI: Those running the Houston numbers, it should be closer to 55-65% of those interviewed accepted. The spreadsheet is based on "100 acceptances" which is incorrect, they hand out more than 100 offers. The SA and Baylor numbers are correct.

Yeah I've heard from a lot of people that some numbers are off, but I figured it would be helpful as a ballpark estimate. I didn't make them btw lol don't shoot the messenger!
Oh, no worries. I think that came from doc toothache who got it from the ADEA guide and for whatever reason some schools either don't give numbers or don't give totally correct numbers.

It's almost there guys! Guysss

I already have my day plan out on Dec 1st.
I was suppose to go on a field trip (to the forest where there is no service), so I plan to call in sick and stay home.
On my right side is a bucket of ice cream and on my left side is a large pizza. And I'll just wait, and wait, and wait...

I was suppose to go on a field trip (to the forest where there is no service), so I plan to call in sick and stay home.
On my right side is a bucket of ice cream and on my left side is a large pizza. And I'll just wait, and wait, and wait...
damn now I know why they call you Carbohydrates :laugh:

Reactions: 13 users
Can't believe it'll be basically half a year since the cycle started once we reach December. The wait kills...

Reactions: 7 users
george-ice-cream.gif

This thread can't just die like this?

Anybody wana make a parady/song about this whole experience ? The hardest part would be writing the lyrics.
I'll start,...

I thought my trials ended
When I took the D.A.T.
The scores I got were decent
But, I couldn't break a 23

Anybody wana make a parady/song about this whole experience ? The hardest part would be writing the lyrics.
I'll start,...

I thought my trials ended
When I took the D.A.T.
The scores I got were decent
But, I couldn't break a 23

Yes, I'm still a pre-dent
Just waiting for the first
My DAT scores were sent
I think I'm gonna burst

[chorus]
Started from the bottom
now we're here
Started from the bottom
now the whole team here

So now I've applied
The wait is long
But I can not give up
I must stay strong

0wk44iH.gif

Trying to figure out how to pass time until Dec 1...

Reactions: 4 users
Can you guys just imagine...In 2 weeks our lives will change forever!?

Fallout 4 has been doing a great job of keeping my mind off of December 1st.