5 weeks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys two weeks till thanksgiving break! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can already see myself answering the same questions from friends and family this Thanksgiving.

"No, I don't know if I got in. Yes, I interviewed weeks ago. I don't find out til December. I don't know why they make us wait. I'm NOT CRYING THERE'S JUST SOMETHING IN MY EYE."

Reactions: 20 users
I can already see myself answering the same questions from friends and family this Thanksgiving.

"No, I don't know if I got in. Yes, I interviewed weeks ago. I don't find out til December. I don't know why they make us wait. I'm NOT CRYING THERE'S JUST SOMETHING IN MY EYE."

seriously, I am tired of answering to people asking "Any good news with the school?"
I've told them numerous times that the judgement day is 12/2, but obviously, they have listening problems.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
seriously, I am tired of answering to people asking "Any good news with the school?"
I've told them numerous times that the judgement day is 12/2, but obviously, they have listening problems.

12/1 this year actually haha

Reactions: 2 users
LESS THAN 20 DAYS, FOLKS.
tumblr_m3gyg799Kb1rvo54fo1_1280.png

Reactions: 10 users
I totally remember waiting for that first December Monday.
Such memories.

Good luck everyone!

I am actually waiting for Sunday night which would be 11/30 plus few more minutes. Makes it less days to count for lol.

I am actually waiting for Sunday night which would be 11/30 plus few more minutes. Makes it less days to count for lol.

I've heard some people get emails minutes after midnight. I don't think I will be sleeping that night :), haha. Will probably break the refresh button for those few hours.

If you go to last years acceptance/rejection thread there was one school that gave out acceptances via snail mail marked for the 2nd but arrived a few days early!

Just to clarify, it is not GUARANTEED that schools will get back to you on dec 1 if you got an interview, correct?

Those of you still in school, do you plan on going to class on dec 1st? I just feel like regardless of good news, bad news, or if I would still be waiting on news I would be an unproductive mess... I'm probably just looking for an excuse to skip class though :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you still in school, do you plan on going to class on dec 1st? I just feel like regardless of good news, bad news, or if I would still be waiting on news I would be an unproductive mess... I'm probably just looking for an excuse to skip class though :p
Yes because it's the week before finals and I have quizzes everyday :(

I wish I was still in school. I leave for a business trip that day so I'll either be staring at a hotel room ceiling full of excitement with nothing to do or staring at the ceiling depressed and anxious with nothing to do.

Reactions: 3 users
Ahh I am both excited and dreading dec 1! What if I don't hear anything or get a rejection... My hopes will be crushed D:

I would honestly love to stay home and shop for Cyber Monday deals IF I do indeed get in - but like dentalgirl said, with finals so close, everything is becoming pretty intense and the wiggle room for leisure is incredibly minuscule at this point. I keep reminding myself that I must get through physics, otherwise this acceptance will be all for naught. :(

I wish I was still in school. I leave for a business trip that day so I'll either be staring at a hotel room ceiling full of excitement with nothing to do or staring at the ceiling depressed and anxious with nothing to do.

You should call the hotel and make sure the mini bar fridge is stocked. I presume either outcome will lead to an empty fridge...

Reactions: 4 users
You should call the hotel and make sure the mini bar fridge is stocked. I presume either outcome will lead to an empty fridge...
I think I might get started on the flight in;)

I'm glad there are others that share my nail biting enthusiasm; just keep the Michael Scott faces coming!

If you go to last years acceptance/rejection thread there was one school that gave out acceptances via snail mail marked for the 2nd but arrived a few days early!

I'm glad other people are looking back through last year's acceptance thread. I always feel like such a creep!

I already took off work December 1st and 2nd. Might also take off the 3rd 4th and 5th.

I'm glad other people are looking back through last year's acceptance thread. I always feel like such a creep!

I'm a certified creep. Gotta know which school updates at midnight, sends snail mail, calls in the morning, and gives scholarships!

I just wish I had another pre-dent friend applying this cycle to freakout with. I don't know a soul which makes this a lot harder I think... no one really gets it. Misery loves company I suppose :shrug:

I just wish I had another pre-dent friend applying this cycle to freakout with. I don't know a soul which makes this a lot harder I think... no one really gets it. Misery loves company I suppose :shrug:
I got your back Cofs :cool:

when does NYU do it, precisely at midnight, shortly after?!o_O
I'm guessing during the day? Nobody is going to be at the office at midnight to call us about decisions haha. I don't think the emails are set to automatically be sent to us at midnight...correct me if I'm wrong! There have been some instances in the past where people started finding out online on AADSAS before Dec 1 or something (in the case of Columbia, people's statuses started saying "offer made" on the mobile portal before official emails were sent out)

Start from here for anyone that wants to view last year's acceptances posts: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ce-rejection-thread-2013-2014.1019246/page-34
Looks like Meharry and NOVA do snail mail. Maybe you'll get lucky and find out your results sooner than the rest of us? Midwestern and Marquette called a day early.

when does NYU do it, precisely at midnight, shortly after?!o_O

For your school, it looked like they don't do updates via AADSAS but by e-mail. Although there's one person who got an acceptance in the morning (not midnight. Hard to tell exact time), the majority of acceptances were given out after 3pm Eastern Time. There was an apparent glitch in the system so maybe it won't be as late this year?:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...18-interview-acceptance-thread.1011831/page-7

-Your friendly neighborhood stalker

Helllll no

Could be kinda fun though. Being in class, chilling, with phone in front of you. Otherwise you might end up sitting at home licking cheeto dust off your remote.

I'll definitely be in school :( helloooo finals week

So...do most schools call you personally or just send an email and updated portal?

Applicants next year are screwed. The first Monday of December isn't until the 7th since the 1st falls on a Tuesday. :eek:

Wait do they always go by Mondays? I thought they just go by the first weekday that is in December? Last year dec 1 was sunday so they made it dec 2

I have an exam in analytical chemistry that day. So, I unfortunately must.

Are you sure? I just looked at the 2011-2012 acceptance thread and people started hearing back on dec 1, which was a thursday
Oh dang really? Idk I always heard first Monday in December or maybe I just led myself to believe it??