504 MCAT and 3.6 cgpa and spga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achachacha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes.

Do I think my interviews were a problem? Partially, yes. I had a stress interview paired with a MMI at Marian, and it really threw me off my game. I interviewed at Midwestern LATE, and I suspect most people were getting waitlisted at that point.

I suggest:

Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Netter
Your state school(s).
Any DO school.

@Goro

Do you think the late interview (March) at CCOM helped land me on the waitlist, or do you think this is indicative of my interview skills?

Members don't see this ad :)
@cabinbuilder

A MMI is a multiple mini interview. It's like interview speed dating. You get 1-2 minutes to read a (usually ethical) prompt, and then you hear a gong, and then you walk into a room with a moderator there. You talk about the ethical scenario, and the stance you would take on it. You get ~8-12 minutes to discuss the scenario/answer followup questions, and then you hear another gong and you leave the room. Most MMI's have about 8 stations.

The one I did only had 3 stations. I wish I did better on it. I've never done ANYTHING like this before and I was really off my game at the first station, but I feel like I did better at the second station. The third station was a 1:1 interview, and at that point the ethical questions had ended.

@cabinbuilder

A MMI is a multiple mini interview. It's like interview speed dating. You get 1-2 minutes to read a (usually ethical) prompt, and then you hear a gong, and then you walk into a room with a moderator there. You talk about the ethical scenario, and the stance you would take on it. You get ~8-12 minutes to discuss the scenario/answer followup questions, and then you hear another gong and you leave the room. Most MMI's have about 8 stations.

The one I did only had 3 stations. I wish I did better on it. I've never done ANYTHING like this before and I was really off my game at the first station, but I feel like I did better at the second station. The third station was a 1:1 interview, and at that point the ethical questions had ended.
Sounds hideous.