507 MCAT 3.67 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlefry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am a NY resident, interested in DO school and some low tier MD (Hofstra? err Downstate?). I have pretty *glowing* extras (tons of patient contact, volunteer, publications, research, leadership in 4 different clubs) and a relatively interesting story (dropped out of Pratt Institute art school as a photography major to become a doctor, also a professional celebrity makeup artist). I would be super confident and comfortable in an interview setting if I were to be lucky enough to snag one. I'd like to stay in NY or the tri state area, and have some connections with Stonybrook, which is my #1 even though its a bit of a reach at this point. Would be happy with NYIT and Touro. I'm a little rusty on DO school options in NY and the tri state area so I would love some insight as to where to apply to!

Hello its me again @
@Goro @gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

MD schools you can target with your stats:
All 4 SUNY's
CUNY
Albany
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
For DO you can try PCOM, NYIT and Touro. Limiting yourself to the NYC area hurts your chances for medical school. Are you willing to apply elsewhere in the country?

Tri state area is doable if need be. Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey! @Faha thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Hofstra University LIJ School of Medicine (LI)

2. Touro School of Osteopathic Medicine (Manhattan)

3. NYIT School of Osteopathic Medicine (LI)

4. Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine (NJ)

5. PCOM (PA)

6. Stony Brook University School of Medicine (LI)

7. New York Medical College (NYCMC – Valhalla)

8. SUNY Upstate Medical College (Syracuse NY)

9. School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University (CT)

10.Boston University School of Medicine (MA)

11.Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University (Connecticut)

12.Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (PA)

13.Rutgers New Jersey Medical School (NJ)

14.Temple University School of Medicine (PA)

15.SUNY Downstate (NY)

So far...

@Goro how do you feel this looks with my stats? Feedback greatly appreciated