MD & DO 510 with 3.47/3.34

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpaceHamsterBoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Updated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Those GOAs are close to circling the drain. Do you have a strong upward trend? if so, that will help.

Stats:
PA Resident
510 MCAT (129/126/127/128)
3.47 cGPA/3.34 sGPA

Of your list, delete those in red:

Drexel/Penn State/Temple/Thomas Jefferson/The Commonwealth Medical
Albany Medical/New York Medical College/SUNY Downstate/SUNY Upstate/U of Rochester
Virginia Tech/Eastern Virginia/Virgina Commonwealth/West Virginia
Western Michigan/Oakland University (Beaumont)
USF Morsani/Florida International
Rosalind Franklin/Loyola
Tulane
Wake Forest
Quinnipiac
George Washington
Medical College of Wisconsin
Creighton

Start adding lots of DO schools, starting with PCOM, VCOM, NYITCOM, UNECOM and LECOM. Beggars can't be choosy.

Those GOAs are close to circling the drain. Do you have a strong upward trend? if so, that will help.

Started off strong, transferred to university, floundered for a while, had some issues to deal with (family) and resumed where I left off and found things to keep myself busy/rebound and retook two of my 5 C's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mediocre GPA, Good MCAT, & Excellent ECs. You have a chance but that GPA is a little on the low side and your MCAT score is not high enough to marginalize it. Take out SUNY Upstate (Not that OOS friendly), Rochester (Stats), WVU (while OOS friendly, tends to take OOS that have very high GPAs), FIU (not OOS friendly). You seem to have a lot of volunteering so Rush could be an option as they value that. For USF, make sure you apply to the Pennsylvania program where you chances could increase. Also consider Vermont, georgetown (low yield but they are into those who "fit" program), and maybe wayne state (tend to like applicants who reinvented themselves)

Mediocre GPA, Good MCAT, & Excellent ECs. You have a chance but that GPA is a little on the low side and your MCAT score is not high enough to marginalize it. Take out SUNY Upstate (Not that OOS friendly), Rochester (Stats), WVU (while OOS friendly, tends to take OOS that have very high GPAs), FIU (not OOS friendly). You seem to have a lot of volunteering so Rush could be an option as they value that. For USF, make sure you apply to the Pennsylvania program where you chances could increase. Also consider Vermont, georgetown (low yield but they are into those who "fit" program), and maybe wayne state (tend to like applicants who reinvented themselves)
What other schools value reinvented students? I am a non-trad with that background and average GPA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile