MD 515 MCAT - 3.86 cGPA - 3.80 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DrLucario

-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use MSAR to broaden your list and see which percentile your GPA and MCAT fall at for each place. It's worth the $27.

Lol @ Golden Key. I'd be careful of listing it as an "award."

Members don't see this ad :)
Youre a good candidate for the programs in your state.

Apply to all the Florida schools. Pick a handful of OOS schools with a median MCAT of around 34(the few OOS schools youve chosen so far are fine). Thatll be plenty

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone for the input and advice! Just got MSAR; it's awesome!

My updated school list:

In-state
  • UF
  • USF Morsani
  • UCF
  • Miami Miller
  • FIU
  • FAU
  • FSU
OOS Favorites
  • Emory
  • Saint Louis
  • Wake Forest
  • Mayo
OOS
  • WashU
  • Rosy Franklin
  • Loyola Stritch
  • Dartmouth Geisel
  • Albany
  • Albert Einstein
  • BU
  • UVA
  • Penn State
  • GWU
  • Gtown
  • Vandy
  • NYMC
  • NYU
  • MCW
  • Tufts
  • Duke
  • Yale
  • Columbia
  • Tulane

Please help me narrow down my OOS picks. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, if there are any OOS schools that are good matches for me that I might've missed, please let me know!

Get rid of WashU(MCAT)
You're pretty close to Vanderbilts 10th percentile and its a rather small school. There are better reach choices.
NYU and Yale are probably going to be pretty low yield.
Forget about NYMC RFU and GW and their 13+k apps, it's a waste of time for you.

Id really mostly apply to OOS schools youd seriously consider leaving your state schools and their juicy tuition for. You are going to get interest from your state schools. No need to apply to OOS schools you know you wont turn down for your state programs and that juicy tuition.

If you are trying to fine tune a list of OOS schools most likely to interview you can get rid of GW, NYMC, RFU, Penn State and Albany. MCW, Tulane, Saint Louis, Loyola, Tufts and Einstein all are better choices for this. If you want a few more Jefferson Cinncinnati and Creighton can be this for you as well.

Your OOS favorites are fine. Duke UVA and Columbia can serve as reasonable reaches. Maybe throw Pitt and CWRU into that mix as well. Thatll be plenty

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Get rid of WashU(MCAT)
You're pretty close to Vanderbilts 10th percentile and its a rather small school. There are better reach choices.
NYU and Yale are probably going to be pretty low yield.
Forget about NYMC RFU and GW and their 13+k apps, it's a waste of time for you.

Id really mostly apply to OOS schools youd seriously consider leaving your state schools and their juicy tuition for. You are going to get interest from your state schools. No need to apply to OOS schools you know you wont turn down for your state programs and that juicy tuition.

If you are trying to fine tune a list of OOS schools most likely to interview you can get rid of GW, NYMC, RFU, Penn State and Albany. MCW, Tulane, Saint Louis, Loyola, Tufts and Einstein all are better choices for this. If you want a few more Jefferson Cinncinnati and Creighton can be this for you as well.

Your OOS favorites are fine. Duke UVA and Columbia can serve as reasonable reaches. Maybe throw Pitt and CWRU into that mix as well. Thatll be plenty

@GrapesofRath thanks for bringing the schools that you mentioned (i.e. Jeff, Cinncinati, Creighton, Pitt, CWRU) to my attention. Yeah I figured WashU and Vandy were pretty much out-of-reach for me (as are NYU and Yale upon closer look in the MSAR), and upon reading other threads I learned that GWU (& Gtown as well) is indeed a waste of my $ and time because of the sheer number of apps that they receive each cycle.

Besides the schools that you said to get rid of (e.g. Rosy Franklin, Albany, etc.) I also got rid of a couple of other OOS schools like Loyola and Tulane so I can save $ and time for my other choices.

A school that I added that wasn't from my earlier list is Ohio State.

My final school list:
  • All FL schools
OOS Favorites
  • Emory
  • Saint Louis
  • Wake Forest
  • Mayo
OOS
  • Columbia
  • Dartmouth
  • Duke
  • UVA
  • Pitt
  • CWRU
  • Jefferson
  • MCW
  • Creighton
  • Tufts
  • Einstein
  • Cincinnati
  • BU
  • Ohio State
Thanks again! My "Favorites" tab on MSAR looks much cleaner now.

Last edited by a moderator: