6 year-university vs 4 year then 2 year post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Godspeedyou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should the decision really just come down to the price tag?
Or does prestige really matter for the post-bacc? Is a 4.0 a 4.0? Because with the second option I'd be graduating from my top 25 public uni (definitely not bragging lol) to then go attend an inexpensive university that is only known by people from my state. Could this potentially lower my chances of succeeding in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

what sort of postbac are you looking for. A GPA repair one or one just to take your prereqs?

what sort of postbac are you looking for. A GPA repair one or one just to take your prereqs?

Prereqs post-bacc and hopefully some repair at the same time while taking prereqs. Then possibly an SMP if needed

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your current GPA?

Do you think that you will be able to do better in your classes at the same institution if you continue there?

Should the decision really just come down to the price tag?
Or does prestige really matter for the post-bacc? Is a 4.0 a 4.0? Because with the second option I'd be graduating from my top 25 public uni (definitely not bragging lol) to then go attend an inexpensive university that is only known by people from my state. Could this potentially lower my chances of succeeding in the future?
I did something similar to this. I definitely got a better response from schools in my region who are familiar with the local post-bacc program, but I also got a handful of pretty interesting interviews throughout the country. Not nearly as many though. Sorry, that wasn't too helfpul.

What is your current GPA?

Do you think that you will be able to do better in your classes at the same institution if you continue there?

Sub 3.0.
I'd like to think I could, despite the distracting environment here.

<5k a year (living with mom and dad + commute) vs 30k a year (apartment, meal plan)

I think it's probably too late to get financial aid at the cheaper university for the Fall but if I stay at current university for the Fall then I don't know what I'd do for courses. I supposed I could take Chem 1 or whatever I would have taken in the Fall of my post-bacc program and try to transfer the credits over so I could begin the 2nd part of the courses?

Last edited: