60 Minutes: Heroin in the Heartland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tracy Morrison: "Because we don't throw diabetics who sit on the couch eating Bon Bons and smoke and they weigh 300 pounds in prison. We don't belittle them and there's not a big stigma; we don't do that to people that chain smoke and develop lung cancer. It's a chronic relapsing brain disease, period, amen, end of story and we need to accept it-- even if it makes people uncomfortable. And if people don't like that, I'm sorry."

Uhmmm Tracy, bon bons and cigarettes aren't illegal. I get her point though

I would be for legalizing all drugs, ending the DEA war, providing free needles and a safe environment, and free rehab.
Shift the budget form war on drugs, to war on addiction.

Members don't see this ad :)
People are stupid, and can't be trusted not to hurt themselves with highly addictive substances.
I'm not ready to legalize all drugs, but we should legalize weed nationally. Silly to waste DEA funds on that.

Last edited:
I don't believe we should "legalize", legitimatize anything, that hasn't been shown to be medically indicated. that being said, we should not penalize people for doing stupid things like take drugs. they need help.

we should continue to punish those who sell the drugs, the pushers and dealers.

I don't believe we should "legalize", legitimatize anything, that hasn't been shown to be medically indicated. that being said, we should not penalize people for doing stupid things like take drugs. they need help.

we should continue to punish those who sell the drugs, the pushers and dealers.

Not what I am saying. Treat illicits like alcohol. No penalties, sell for tax dollars.