7/10/08 Club!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TawMus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I didn't see a 7/10/08 thread, I thought I would start one. I took mine on 5/27/08 and I thought it was extremely difficult. Hopefully the 7/10/08 one will be more comparable to the practice tests. Happy postings!

Members don't see this ad.

i'll be taking July 10 in Albany NY for the 1st and hopefully the last time!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Less then a month way, anyone out there taking on July 10. Hows your progress going?

I finish my hardcore reviewing, from now on I am doing practice AAMC and TPR. I got on AAMC3 - 30 and AAMC4 - 29 so far

I did a search and didnt found a thread for this, if there is one then please go easy on me :)

Hey, there actually is a thread-here's the link:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528845

I wont yell at you too much though dont worry:)

I am not nearly as far along w/ my studying as you-I'm using EK and have gotten through chem and am now about 1/2 way done with physics. I've also done a preliminary review of bio. I plan on taking a couple practice tests next week so I'll let you know how I'm doing then!

thanks for the heads up but their thread isn't that active, i think this one can be better :laugh:

My friend who only used the EK books for his mcat studying did pretty well, considering he only took one practice AAMC exam.

Hey, there actually is a thread-here's the link:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528845

I wont yell at you too much though dont worry:)

I am not nearly as far along w/ my studying as you-I'm using EK and have gotten through chem and am now about 1/2 way done with physics. I've also done a preliminary review of bio. I plan on taking a couple practice tests next week so I'll let you know how I'm doing then!
Thanks, and merged!
Good luck guys, keep your focus until that test date. It's coming soon...

Im taking it this date too! Took it once already on 4/19, oy vei... hopefully this one goes better :)

Hey, I'm a 5/27 re-taker as well. I just felt terrible after that exam, and I am not an anxious tester by any means. Unfortunately my 5/27 score was really important (there is a school waiting for it right now), but I just don't feel confident about it at all.

It is hard getting motivated to start studying for this test again! This time, though, I'm going to rock it. I already have my celebratory Vegas trip planned for the weekend after the test. :D

Hey all! I'm yet another retaker. I took it the first time on 5/10. My score was 6 points lower than my AAMC practice test average, so I know I can do better. I just hope this bio section actually resembles the practice tests.

This is also my second time taking the MCAT, i took it last September. This time i think i will be ready for what they throw at me

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey 7/10ers. Those of us who were planning on retaking from 5/27 got our scores today, and it certainly seemed like there was a lot of good news. I won't be retaking! :D

Keep up the studying. It pays off in the end!

:luck::luck::luck::luck:

7/10er in Chicago too! I can't think about it, it makes me wanna puke.

Re-taking from May 10th....I hope the bio section won't be so damn hard so I can get better than a 10 :)

what is everyone else doing in the next week? I'm going to go over areas I'm weak in, do the passages in the back of EK (anyone find these helpful?) and do 2 practice tests.

Taking it for the 1st and hopefully last time in Michigan!

I'm with you LC, i'm just gonna rememorize stuff, fix (as much as possible) my weak areas, and take 2 more practice exams...starting to get nervous!!!!!!

me too, retake!

lol, all of us who are taking it 7/10 are retaking. i'm sure we'll all do better than the first time, but since we're all in the same boat what if we cancel each other's improvements out and get the same scores since it's still based on a curve!

haha j/k...the ppl in this thread are just mostly retakers. i'm sure most ppl who are taking it next week are late applicants trying to squeeze in their mcat so they can APPLY haha.

good luck

I'll be joining everyone this Thursday, while I lose my MCAT virginity.
I've been preparing for this piece of **** for 5 months now, and can't wait to get back to having some free time! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

So for all the 7/10 re-takers out there lets make score predictions for funzies

May 10th: PS 12 VR 7 BS 10 29P :(

July 10th: PS 11 VR 9 BS 12 32P

So for all the 7/10 re-takers out there lets make score predictions for funzies

May 10th: PS 12 VR 7 BS 10 29P :(

July 10th: PS 11 VR 9 BS 12 32P

i reallllly want to predict BUT i think that's demoralizing. do not predict. simply do. you WILL get a 32. you will accept nothing less. even tho i sort of have a prediction in my head, i refuse to accept it. i expect higher and refuse to get anything lower.

ugh i'm getting so nervous! but I've decided that at this point all I can do is study a little more and do my best, then if I get a good score awesome, and if not I would just have to take a year off and study my but off for a retake. alright I'll make a prediction just for fun:

PS 9 VR 11 BS 10

I would be so happy if that came true!! right now I'm getting mid to upper 20's on the practice tests but I always lose my focus and think "oh well, it's just a practice test it doesnt matter" so I really think I could do better if I concentrated a little more. We'll see soon enough!

ugh i'm getting so nervous! but I've decided that at this point all I can do is study a little more and do my best, then if I get a good score awesome, and if not I would just have to take a year off and study my but off for a retake. alright I'll make a prediction just for fun:

PS 9 VR 11 BS 10

I would be so happy if that came true!! right now I'm getting mid to upper 20's on the practice tests but I always lose my focus and think "oh well, it's just a practice test it doesnt matter" so I really think I could do better if I concentrated a little more. We'll see soon enough!

word of advice: you aren't going to do better on the real one than on practice ones. did you take AAMCs 7-10? your real score will fall somewhere in the range of those tests' scores. hopefully on the higher end of the range but just as easily on the lower end :thumbdown:.

word of advice: you aren't going to do better on the real one than on practice ones. did you take AAMCs 7-10? your real score will fall somewhere in the range of those tests' scores. hopefully on the higher end of the range but just as easily on the lower end :thumbdown:.

ya, I realize I'm probably not going to have a jump on test day but I feel like at this point I might as well take it now and see how it goes. I mean putting it off another month would probably not help that much and would definitely hurt me in terms of applying late. If I don't do well I'll have all fall to study then I can take it in Janurary. I really wouldn't mind taking a year off anyways!

word of advice: you aren't going to do better on the real one than on practice ones. did you take AAMCs 7-10? .

I would have to disagree with that. It all boils down to what they ask and what you know, sort of 'any given Sunday' situation, IMO.

I would have to disagree with that. It all boils down to what they ask and what you know, sort of 'any given Sunday' situation, IMO.

Yea, really true. Biggest thing I hope to stay away from is underestimating a passage topic I know well and overly stressing about a weak point that may come up.

na b/c that scenario should have already come up during your practice. you should have taken like 10 different practice tests. of those 10, you're going to come across at least 1 test in which it's hitting all your strengths. if your real mcat hits your strengths, too, then you'll likely still score similar to that good practice test. thus, your practice score range would still likely cover that score. you'd simply be scoring in your high range. know what i mean?

the chances of doing BETTER on the real one than in practice are sooo rare. i'm just saying you should by no means bank on that happening.

Yeah that makes sense. It's probably unlikely that someone will do better on the real thing than on his or her best practice test, depending on how many practice tests he or she has done.

It's more likely that if you use AAMC as your practice tests that you will score within that range than if you used Kaplan, TPR, EK....

Good luck to everyone!!!

Hello All !

I'm in the 7/10/08 MCAT Club. I wish everyone the very best of luck on Thursday.

It appears we are a small group compared to the other two July dates. Think thats a good thing or a bad thing?

I don't think # of writers matters according to the claims about how they do the scaling. With that said , good luck! I just finished the last AAMC test I saved and feeling good . I'm just worried about the essay!

Who is a re-taker and who is about to lose their MCAT virginity? :)

I'm a re-taker from May 10th

retaker here! woop woop! lets do it!

took it last august and got a mid 20's.... so far so good this time though, trying to boost the score a bit for apps this cycle. Good luck everyone, but really, feel free to bomb it...... anything that will bump me up a few points ;)

less than 2 days now!!! I guess it's time to do another practice test and some review. I try to forget about the MCAT even just for a short while however, it's seems to be all I think about now. Come on Thrusday!

has anyone else been finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate during practice tests? i keep wanting to get up to get a snack or something. ugh just let it be over. *headdesk*

has anyone else been finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate during practice tests? i keep wanting to get up to get a snack or something. ugh just let it be over. *headdesk*

yea...I started cbt10 today. After PS i took a 4 hour break!@!!. I just finished the VR section and now don't feel like doing BS lol

im having the same problem-I cant concentrate during the practice tests at all! it's like i know it doesnt really count for anything so I have such a hard time focusing. My focus better be improved during the real thing!!

im having the same problem-I cant concentrate during the practice tests at all! it's like i know it doesnt really count for anything so I have such a hard time focusing. My focus better be improved during the real thing!!

at least your not sick like me, i feel sorry for the people taking test with me as i will be coughing, i hope they let me bring in some cough drops :D

BTW, i cant move back the test date, I just read AAMC website, so it will be tough going for me

I'm so ready for Thursday to come...the suspense is killing me

I took AAMC 10 today and got PS 10 VR 7 BS 10

I'm hoping that score is just a fluke, because on every other AAMC my scores have been 8-11 with the 11 and 10 coming from AAMC 7 and 9 respectively.. anyone else think this verbal was super hard compared to the others? It's a scary score to go into the test with on Thursday...

I'm so ready for Thursday to come...the suspense is killing me

I took AAMC 10 today and got PS 10 VR 7 BS 10

I'm hoping that score is just a fluke, because on every other AAMC my scores have been 8-11 with the 11 and 10 coming from AAMC 7 and 9 respectively.. anyone else think this verbal was super hard compared to the others? It's a scary score to go into the test with on Thursday...

i took the cbt version of the same test today and got 35 (12,9,14). ive noticed ever since i switched over to the cbts my scores have jumped to mid 30s whereas in the longer version they were in the low 30s.

Although I could only take 2 cbts cuz the rest I had already done in long format. I'm glad though that I started off with the long ones cuz now I don't feel exhausted after each section (except verbal cuz it requires extreme concentration).

btw what kind of snacks/drinks are you guys bringing to the test? I read somewhere that cliff bars are good to quench the hunger and provide enough energy. What about meal replacement bars/shakes like Ensure. Do ensure shakes have a lot of fluid? or wud it be okay to drink an additional half a bottle of powerade and not have to worry bout peeing in the middle of the test?

The verbal of AAMC 10 scared me. I scored 12 7 12. Im re-taking because I scored a 7 on verbal the first time around. Just took AAMC 3 and got a 13 on verbal which is unreal for me. Hope I can pull at least a 9! Good luck everyone.

wow, it seems that we are all doing bad on AAMC 10 verbal today, I got (P12, V7, BS11). I checked my answers and i was 1 answer away from a 8 and I changed 3 answers from right answer to wrong and that cost me big time. I am ranging from 10-7 in verbal, so its my weakness, I'm doing a practice verbal section tomorrow, to see how i do.

Im checking out the 7/8 thread and they are all saying that the verbal section isnt too bad but some of the passages are longer then usual, im guessing to throw you off your timing.

good luck to everyone

Last edited: