7 days before the mcat, and I have never scored more than 10 on each section. Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omegaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The highest I scored on each section is a 10 on the AAMC tests, should I postpone my 1/23 mcat?

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that I won't get any refund if I cancel my MCAT so I guess I'll just take it and possibly void it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think they say if your average for AAMC is not what you want the real score to be...then it might be a good idea to postpone if possible

Uhh.. that pretty much depends on what you're trying to score?

and you have to consider whether you'll be able to beat a 10 in each section anyways.. that's not a given at all.

You also can't postpone at this point. Best you can do is show up and void (or don't show up at all) and pay the full amount for another test later.

Members don't see this ad :)
The highest I scored on each section is a 10 on the AAMC tests, should I postpone my 1/23 mcat?

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that I won't get any refund if I cancel my MCAT so I guess I'll just take it and possibly void it.

Take it do not void, and then pull a spinagedip.

Like others have said, it depends on what your goal score is. If you're aiming for 32+, then it's unlikely that you'll achieve that if your scoring 30's on all your practice tests. And if that's just your highest score and your average is lower, then I would personally recommend you take another test later down the road when you're more prepared.

I hear AAMC practice test is a good predictor. If you are not happy with your current score then voiding is one possibility (even though on the day of your exam it is very hard to judge how well/poorly your performed).