--

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuronita

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't withdraw if you can get a B but one W is not going to break your application. In the end, it is your call. Would you rather repeat it later or bust your ass and get it done now? Neither option will hurt or help you much.

Personally, I never withdrew a class because I am such a perfectionist. I always tend to convince myself that I would do well in the end because I would try HARDER for the next test, etc. Sometimes this worked for me, sometimes it didn't.

I don't think that a W would look bad with a clean record otherwise. Plus, who cares if they might ask about it? You can answer them honestly and be prepared for the question ahead of time. The W is not going to make or break your medical career, that is for sure.

In fact, it probably wouldn't do anything at all. Are you surprised by this fact?

Good luck making a decision!

Best,
C

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally, I never withdrew a class because I am such a perfectionist. I always tend to convince myself that I would do well in the end because I would try HARDER for the next test, etc. Sometimes this worked for me, sometimes it didn't.

I don't think that a W would look bad with a clean record otherwise. Plus, who cares if they might ask about it? You can answer them honestly and be prepared for the question ahead of time. The W is not going to make or break your medical career, that is for sure.

In fact, it probably wouldn't do anything at all. Are you surprised by this fact?

Good luck making a decision!

Best,
C

You'd take a low grade rather than a W? If something did happen.

Ex: oversleep an exam get a 0 and so on. Mistakes do happen.

OP i'd withdraw if you were planning on retaking during the summer. Dont prolong school.

Don't shoot for the B if it would require a 100% on everything from here to end of the semester. Be realistic.

You'd take a low grade rather than a W? If something did happen.

Ex: oversleep an exam get a 0 and so on. Mistakes do happen.

I'm too much of a prefectianist for trivialities like "mistakes." :laugh:

No but seriously; I was lucky to never have something that serious happen to me. My first and only "zero" on a test was in middle school when I whispered "good job" to a friend who had handed their test in a little early and my teacher thought I was cheating because I was whispering something. Yes I still remember this; it traumatized me to think that a respected teacher would think I had cheated ... Let's just say that it never happened again partly because I remember how much work it took to get that grade up by the end of the year. What a joke. I cried at home a lot over that stupid situation. :( It wasn't the grade it was the principle, you know?

Best,
C