A bit of a comeback story...Med School still possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fossa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a good list but forget the reaches and add some more realistic MD schools such as:
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro @gonnif
I've found your advice on other WAMC threads to be extremely helpful! Do you have any suggestions for schools lists or tips on how to improve between now and june?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest:

All Ohio MD schools except Case

WVU
Drexel
Temple
Wake Forest
U VM
Albany
Hofstra
NYMC
Tulane
Loyola
Rush (If I can knockout more volunteer hours)

Rochester

All DO schools in Ohio, PA, KY, MI

ADD: more DO schools, especially CCOM and MUCOM
MD schools: ADD Jefferson, Creighton, U Miami (maybe) MCW, Western MI, Oakland-B, GWU, Gtown, Netter, VCU, EVMS, Loma Linda (read mission statement), USUHS (but be aware of service commitment.

Reactions: 1 user
MD schools: ADD Jefferson, Creighton, U Miami (maybe) MCW, Western MI, Oakland-B, GWU, Gtown, Netter, VCU, EVMS, Loma Linda (read mission statement), USUHS (but be aware of service commitment.

Would it be worth adding any SUNY schools? I have some ties to NY.
Would love to stay in Ohio if possible. Do I have a decent shot at getting any interviews from OH MD programs?

Would love to stay in Ohio if possible. Do I have a decent shot at getting any interviews from OH MD programs?

I would say you have a fair shot at a couple of the OH schools! Toledo/Wright State are your targets, Cinci and OSU are within range

Only if you live in NY, grew up there, or spent some considerable time there, like went to school at one of the SUNYs.

Your mom living there is not a tie.

Agree 100%.
Don't forget NEOMED.

NEOMED is completely unpredictable that's why I left it off.. I have an interview at UC but am on academic hold at NEOMED

What's "academic hold"?

They did not even send me a secondary and said a message something along the lines of "you are on hold. Please do not update unless you have new grades or MCAT scores." Pretty hard to do that as a non-trad. Not sure if they had a screen I didn't get through or what but I was above their averages. They are an odd school though, only take like 30 students outside of their BS/MD program