A class from a technical college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hs2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically while in 10th grade I took a medical terminology class in my high school that was through a local technical college. I got an A and got the credit from the technical college. Now my question is, should I transfer those credits to my university? Will it look bad to dental schools that I have a technical college class? I probably sound like an idiot and I'm sure it won't make any difference, but I just want to make sure so I don't have to worry about it.

Also, does the grade from that class count toward the GPA that the AASDAS or whatever the hell it is calculates? Because I know it won't count toward my university GPA but I did get an A in that class, so would it count in the GPA that dental schools see?

Members don't see this ad.

You have no choice. ANY class you take beyond high school at ANY college or university must be reported to every college or university you attend whether its undergrad or dental school. There isn't much gray are.

What do you mean I have to? Plus I took this class during high school and the class was even in my high school not on the technical college campus. It's just that I received the credit through the technical college for the class. The class does transfer to my Uni also as a med term class. My only thing is how that looks to dental schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not even a pre-req why are you stressing out? Plus, you got an A.

So basically while in 10th grade I took a medical terminology class in my high school that was through a local technical college. I got an A and got the credit from the technical college. Now my question is, should I transfer those credits to my university? Will it look bad to dental schools that I have a technical college class? I probably sound like an idiot and I'm sure it won't make any difference, but I just want to make sure so I don't have to worry about it. Also, does the grade from that class count toward the GPA that the AASDAS or whatever the hell it is calculates? Because I know it won't count toward my university GPA but I did get an A in that class, so would it count in the GPA that dental schools see?
I is less a question of whether you should "transfer those credits" to your university, and more a question of whether any college/university will accept a course from a technical "college".

Reactions: 1 user
To dental schools, it doesn't matter if you transfer those credits to your university. It's up to you if you want to transfer it (for credit count/undergrad prereqs, etc.). In the end, schools will still see those classes as being taken through a technical college. It doesn't matter where you took that class. You received credits from the technical college, so it was a class taken outside of high school.

Yes, that grade will be counted in your AADSAS grade (at least overall GPA, not sure about science GPA).

And lastly, no, I highly doubt that dental schools will care about ONE tech class.

no school is going to care...
ace prereq., upper level science, and dat